Drive Train Depot

rbo1577186

A buddy of mine decides to finally get off his rear and regear his ranger after he had the parts laying around for oh..7 months or so. He decides he wants to put a locker in the front. Orders it from DriveTrain Depot, $240. Orders on Friday, salesman says it would be there Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. He schedules time off of work to do this and everything. Completes the rear axle, starts on the front and the sent him the wrong locker. OK fine not upset now, stuff happens. Takes forever for someone to awnser the phone at DTD (had to call a few times) and they won't send one right away unless he pays for it up front. (Now has 2 lockers on his credit card) and will deduct the other one once they receive it. OK fine, not upset. He has another truck to drive so he leaves the front end of his ranger on jackstands under the carport. Should be there in 2-3 days, He waits a week. Nothing. Has to call several times (again) to talk to someone to see what the deal is. Apparently this product is on backorder..... could have told him that up front. Salesman says he'll get it in another week or so. Starting to get pissed. Another week goes by, calls several times (again) to talk to someone. Still didn't get credit back on his card and UPS verified it had been signed for a week ago. Had to get on his arse to get credit back. STILL NO LOCKER..... STILL ON BACKORDER...... Last Monday - Tuesday we had quite a bit of rain that washed away some of the gravel in his carport...... Dad woke him up to tell him his ranger had FELL OFF THE JACKSTANDS.( Nice shiny customized 2002 ranger, sharp )Now really pissed. It didn't hit hard, may need to replace a lower ball joint. 2 days after it fell of the Jack stands, he has a locker..... DriveTrain Depot could have told him up front this would be on backorder, so he could get it somewhere else or put the differential back in his ranger. Sorry it's so long, good story though

I am thinking with off roading getting so popular these days, a lot of us will have stuff on backorder.

Didn't Drivetrain Direct change their name to depot? If so, I had the same issues with a locker a few years ago. Wouldn't do business with them again.

Back