Drilling well cost?

hunterdan

Fixing to get a well done on our property. I called a few people and prices are 10-11.00 a foot plus 6.00 a foot for casing so 600.00 for casing. Does that sound high? Also one said that's for the hole and casing but trenching to home,pump and all would be another 3K+/-.

Your in the ballpark for sure. I just drilled mine back in May and it was $10 and 6 for the casing like you said. The pump,trenching, piping etc. can vary depending on distance from house and what pump you want. I hate low water pressure so I upgraded my pump I can run two showers at my house at the same time and still have great pressure but my pump was expensive.

We use $20-25 a foot including pump for well. That’s doesn’t include running the line to the house or the pressure tank.

And don’t expect to hit water at the same level as everyone around you, you can use it as a good guide for cost but I’ve seen wells go 500 ft and be dry and then move over 25 ft and hit 25 gpm at 150ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've read that some homeowners go with a whole house filter system and pump water from a nearby lake, reservoir or river. We don't drink the city water we now have and instead drink spring water. Would it be feasible with a strong clear year round river to pump to a tank and self treat with one of the systems I've seen advertised? Anyone have one?
Main continuing cost I see is multiple new filters every other month.

Depending on the county..... but here in Alamance county the casing has to go until it hits rock. Most drillers around here have depth packages and $8 a foot after that. The contract usually only allow like 50 ft. Once you go past a certain depth you have to upgrade the pump and wire. So all these “unknowns” can lead to a very expensive well. I would speak with the drillers in your area and ask what the rules are for your area.

32 years ago I paid $10 a foot, that included the casing. The pump was extra as was the wire and pipe and tank. Trenching to my home was minimal cost, don't remember. so for 246' well ready to go cost me just over $3K

32 years ago I paid $10 a foot, that included the casing. The pump was extra as was the wire and pipe and tank. Trenching to my home was minimal cost, don't remember. so for 246' well ready to go cost me just over $3K
$6000 today!

I've read that some homeowners go with a whole house filter system and pump water from a nearby lake, reservoir or river. We don't drink the city water we now have and instead drink spring water. Would it be feasible with a strong clear year round river to pump to a tank and self treat with one of the systems I've seen advertised? Anyone have one?

There are all kinds of bacteria, shit, piss, and chemicals in river water. You can filter it, but the filtration system to cover all those variables is going to be expensive.

I hear you can do one for $6,000. I forget who told me that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We just had one put in at our house. At 400' we had 3 gpm. Decided we wanted better so went another 40' and got 30 gpm. Cost 8k for every thing including running water line to house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Every city/county ought to be required to be like Lee County. Sewage plant upriver of the water plant. Keeps things honest.

If I remember right, most of the people around here were ~$3000 for the first 100ft including tank/pump/trenching/etc, and then $8-12/ft for anything over 100ft.

Depending on the county..... but here in Alamance county the casing has to go until it hits rock. Most drillers around here have depth packages and $8 a foot after that. The contract usually only allow like 50 ft. Once you go past a certain depth you have to upgrade the pump and wire. So all these “unknowns” can lead to a very expensive well. I would speak with the drillers in your area and ask what the rules are for your area.
Well standards are governed by state law. There should be little to no deviation from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Same thing for septic systems or any other environmental health regulation. Of course rules may be interpreted differently from inspector to inspector, but in general it's standard.

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

Back