DOT 40s

They arent 40s but ive been pleased with my 33" razr on my 79 chief
As much street time as blue will see it’s looking like a good option and they look liked they would do well at low psi on the trails. Plus the 40s measure true at 39.9

Screenshot_20190726-141555.png
Screenshot_20190727-074512.png

I think the 40" ProComps are only like 400 a tire to start with. If you could get a set for 1200, that'd be badass!

Bumping this back up. I ordered some new steel rims that will be here next week and I’m pulling the trigger on some tires.

Still weighing heavy on the Maxxis Razr as it’s about less than the other options.

Looking at the Toyo MT or the Micky MTZ as alternates but prefer the Toyo. Theses are the same cost.

The Nittos don’t exist and the Coopers are too much more to be in the running. These tires are going to be at a deal from my local shop so their prices are determining my selection and anywhere else is too damn much money.

Something is going on my rims next week. What say y’all?

Last edited:
Bumping this back up. I ordered some new steel rims that will be here next week and I’m pulling the trigger on some tires.

Still weighing heavy on the Maxxis Razr as it’s about less than the other options.

Looking at the Toyo MT or the Micky MTZ as alternates but prefer the Toyo. Theses are the same cost.

The Nittos don’t exist and the Coopers are too much more to be in the running. These tires are going to be at a deal from my local shop so their prices are determining my selection and anywhere else is too damn much money.

Something is going on my rims next week. What say y’all?

staying radial?

staying radial?
Yes. It’s going to be driven around town and to friends land way more often than I’ll have time to hook up the trailer and go play with the big kids.

If I come across a set of stickies down the road I’ll put them on my other rims and have some trail tires.

Last edited:
If it fits your budget, I vote for the Toyo Open Country M/T. Looks good, last long time.

Yokohama XMT for sure! Or our G003s are amazing as well. A friend of mine with the STT Pros last weekend slashed her sidewall open with a stick. That wont happen with the Yokos. These tires amaze me more and more every time I go wheeling, and I cant believe how quiet they are on the road. Even caked in this swampy mud we have down here they still bite and pull.

Attachments

• sor2.jpg
    sor2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 231
Link of my LJ with the XMTS on Christmas Eve. The bottom of the hill was a swampy, muddy mess. And the trail was slippery as could be too from all the rain.

Link of my LJ with the XMTS on Christmas Eve. The bottom of the hill was a swampy, muddy mess. And the trail was slippery as could be too from all the rain.
I can vouch for his tires, they're pretty quiet, ride amazing and traction is superb at even 20psi. Dam good tires! We've wheeled it pretty good and those tires always amaze me still..yeah I'm jealous

Back