DOM localy

marcusicp

Where can you get DOM tubbing for an okay price localy? Im in Winston Salem area and have called arond in the phone book and everyone is like $200+ for a stick of 1.75OD .120 wall round. Is there anywhere to get it cheaper? I'm willing to take a little dive if need be. Thanks!

marcusicp said:
Where can you get DOM tubbing for an okay price localy? Im in Winston Salem area and have called arond in the phone book and everyone is like $200+ for a stick of 1.75OD .120 wall round. Is there anywhere to get it cheaper? I'm willing to take a little dive if need be. Thanks!
You try PM tube near GSO Northern Hydraulics. 200$ like 8-9$ a ft, thats nuts. May be able to get it from Andy at the Rockshop.

PM is normally pretty high too, because they don't stock any 1 3/4 other than .095 wall.

Marcus, I need to order some tubing very soon, whether I order DOM or not I am not sure, I will have to check on the price. When I get a price I will let you know. I order it from Tri-State Steel, they will deliver it to my work as long as it is at least $250 worth, which I am sure it would be. Let me know how many feet you want. I work at Ram Fab, in Rural Hall so it would be super close for you to come pick it up.

Off topic, where do you live in Tobaccoville? I have a lot of family that live on Bowen road (imagine that).

If you end up getting it from Andy at Carolina Rock Shop (704-525-5109), I could bring it to Devil's Playground on Saturday (3/11)...

Greg

Tacoma747 said:
PM is normally pretty high too, because they don't stock any 1 3/4 other than .095 wall.
Marcus, I need to order some tubing very soon, whether I order DOM or not I am not sure, I will have to check on the price. When I get a price I will let you know. I order it from Tri-State Steel, they will deliver it to my work as long as it is at least $250 worth, which I am sure it would be. Let me know how many feet you want. I work at Ram Fab, in Rural Hall so it would be super close for you to come pick it up.
Off topic, where do you live in Tobaccoville? I have a lot of family that live on Bowen road (imagine that).

I live near the park in tobaccoville. Close to Pete's grocery

I dont need the DOM now I was just trying to find where to get it when I do need it.

I live in Morehead/Wilmington and i buy steel and aluminum from gulf stream steel in hampstead. I just got 1.5 DOM .120 wall for $67 a stick, and they deliver to me as long as my order is $150, Sweet deal and easy to work with.

They have alot of weird stuff, 19gauge sheet metal, and lots of square and round tube in steel, stainless and aluminum

Brendan

marcusicp said:

I have an extra 5 lengths of 1 3/4" .120 wall HREW, they shipped too much by accident. I will let it go for 1.95 ft.

S.

Hot Rolled Electric Welded
Not as strong as DOM, has a visible seam (although DOM does sometimes)
HREW is fine for bumpers, sliders, and cages, DOM is definetly better, but if built right HREW works fine. Always face the seam inwards to keep it from getting hit on rocks or whatever, less likely to split the seam (never seen it happen, just heard about it).

sha_ba_do_bang said:
I live in Morehead/Wilmington and i buy steel and aluminum from gulf stream steel in hampstead. Sweet deal and easy to work with.
Brendan
Brendan, I agree.. I love working with those guys. Lot of cheap stuff.. even better when you just need a small peice.. there scrap "pile" is huge.

Back