Do you wear a mask when you go out to crowded public places?

Do you wear a mask when you go out to 'crowded' public places?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
Before you answer the question, assume you are going somewhere like the grocery store or Lowes/Home Depot during normal busy hours, where it is almost impossible to avoid staying a minimum of 6ft away from everyone in the store.

I wear one when I go to the grocery store, or Lowes etc, but I don't wear one when I go to the gas station. I have put it on about 50% of the time I go into the office at the mulch yard to pay.

If I go into the building at my work, I am required to wear one. I haven't needed to go into work though.

I'm curious what percentage of the NC4x4 folks are wearing masks when they go out to 'crowded' public places.

I dont own a mask and havent procured one...yet

Basically this

upload_2020-6-23_12-40-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-23_12-40-43.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-23_12-40-43.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 154
No...my production floor does (but most have shifted to shields), so I have a mask for that. Otherwise I’ve been avoiding places that require one, and if I can’t...I’ll wrap a shirt or something around my face.

Yep, its the norm here.
I mean, I put it on at the very last minute walking into the store, and its off the second I am out the door. But the business owners request it, I respect their wishes.
Nowhere outdoors or where I'm not around anyone. And even walking around big stores when I'm perusing an empty isle, it may find it's way off my face for a few mins. I need to get one thats more comfy.

I've only worn a mask once for 2.5 hrs in the last 3 months, not counting the respirator time while spraying paint on dad's truck. That was Saturday night at the er, getting a piece of metal out of my eye. I haven't worn one at work dealing with customers and getting in and out of their cars, including doing interior work on several like window regulator or heater cores. I have no intention of wearing a mask unless absolutely necessary, like getting my eye drilled or possibly visiting grandpa at the nursing home (hospice told us last night he could go any time). I've been ordering online just to avoid the stores like Lowe's or Walmart not because the virus but because I hate standing around wasting time.

Nope, worked everyday of this mess. Only restricted travel to places the Gov co closed. I don't do crowds and bail when stores get real busy anyway.
I work in a an almost 24-7 plant. I touch everything ever operator touches almost weekly. Folks travel from all directions. Some 50 or more miles. Then they have their circle. We also represent a wide variety of financial status and race. Plant has made some changes but mostly just cleaning yourself and work areas.
We all share 5 common doors....they created a safety protocol to take temperatures. One door gets touched by everyone multiple times. My thinking says if anything is communicated by surfaces this was a horrible idea. No one has been out due to the virus. If they have I'd be one of the first to know, I'm on the deep cleaning crew. We would have shut down as well.

I'm on the educated side of what a virus is and it's physical size. Mask won't do squat. Unless it's stopping mucus ladden with the bug. I am not convinced however this stuff is only spread from snot rockets. I am convinced the greatest prevention is your own immunity system. And the greatest peace of mind comes from allowing individuals to decide how they want to protect themselves.

Only place I've worn one so far is a small shop that required them and had them available at the door. If you want some food for thought, look up Covid-19 viral load transmission and infection.

Only when its required by the private business that I must work with.

Like when I flew to NH last week. Had to be worn on the plane.

Nope. I also went to the barber shop at least twice while they were shut down, have had people over for beers every Tuesday evening as our normal routine, been to a couple large cookouts, etc. I am going to get a rorschach ink blot mask and a Hawaiian shirt to start wearing though...

Nope, I think its placebo more than anything. On top of I"m still convinced I had it in January. I haven't changed really anything since this whole thing started. Its amazing how the fear mongering news shifts the stories to fit the narrative. What is all the headlines now? "XXX cases reported in somewhere!!!!" However, if you do your own research deaths are still descending or flat. It is widely known that there is a large number of asymptomatic cases. How many cases were missed when this was going nuts back in March and April when there were strict requirements for testing? Telling me that a microscopic virus magically won't make it though a cloth virus is laughable. We should tell that to the coal workers, or people who work with heavy metals, or even asbestos to put a T-shirt over their face and all will be well. If someone truly fears for their safety for what ever reasons then they need to take the extra precautions to keep themselves safe. There are ways for people to avoid society with the advent of online shopping. So you do you and Ill do me.

Again...I haven't kept up with the news/cdc/who daily wheel of reporting in about 6 weeks, but I don't think I've seen any articles stating the intent of masks was ever really intended to seal off your face from coronavirus. However, it was intended to prevent splatter/vapor travel as well as keep your hands off your face. While I may think the entire handling of the virus is relative sham, I can at least understand the intent of the masks.

I just went to the orthopedic doctor today. They called yesterday to remind me masks are required in their office. When I arrived, a masked nurse was at the door to check my temperature, ask the typical COVID questions, and give a mask to you if you didn’t have one.
I only saw one person there without a mask, and she was sitting by herself in a office.

Yep, its the norm here.
I mean, I put it on at the very last minute walking into the store, and its off the second I am out the door. But the business owners request it, I respect their wishes.
Nowhere outdoors or where I'm not around anyone. And even walking around big stores when I'm perusing an empty isle, it may find it's way off my face for a few mins. I need to get one thats more comfy.

Same here. I've got one in my truck and one in my van. I slip it on before I walk in the store, and take it off after I am out. It doesn't bother me other than sometimes fogging up my glasses a little.

I'm on the educated side of what a virus is and it's physical size. Mask won't do squat. Unless it's stopping mucus ladden with the bug.
Thats exactly what the mask is for. Its not going to stop a virus body. Virtually nothing well, they are super super tiny. But viri don't just hang our in air alone, it travel in droplet particle. Which tend to be big by comparison.
W/ teh fabric masks its sort of a probability thing. The chances of the droplet making it out of my mask, into your direction is small.. But if you're wearing one too, it takes the chance of that thing then being inhaled down even more. E.g. teh statistics get better w/ everybody wearing one than only 1/2 of people.

It inconvenient, but I just don't see it as a big deal. People are giving them out all over the place, and even other people (like me!) are making straps to take the pressure off your ears for those who have to wear them a long time.

However, it was intended to prevent splatter/vapor travel as well as keep your hands off your face.
I only wear one while at work because I’m required to, having glasses and a full beard, I touch my face now more than ever before adjusting the damn mask as it messes with the hair on my face or fogs up my glasses. I will say the ones @obullfish have made me work great as far as not fogging up my glasses. Overall though I cannot wait to get back to “real normal” and be done wearing these stupid things

I only wear one while at work because I’m required to, having glasses and a full beard, I touch my face now more than ever before adjusting the damn mask as it messes with the hair on my face or fogs up my glasses. I will say the ones @obullfish have made me work great as far as not fogging up my glasses. Overall though I cannot wait to get back to “real normal” and be done wearing these stupid things

By face, I meant mucous membranes...out of your mouth, out of your nose, out of your eyes. But I hear you, I feel most 'recommendations' or 'precautions' are inherently dumb.

Yes. I even wear one during the sexy time :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I mean, I can’t blame her for making you wear it, and on the bright side it has to be a little more comfortable than the paper bag she used to make you wear

Back