Do you wear a mask when you go out to crowded public places?

Do you wear a mask when you go out to 'crowded' public places?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
I wore one for the first time this week when I went to Lowes because they had a sign saying they require it. I removed it shortly after entering and seeing 90% of the employees not wearing theirs properly. I keep my distance and cough into my sleeve. If you choose to get close to me and your offended than get the fuck away.

Was at the HT yesterday...first time in 4 months anyone said anything to me about not wearing a mask. I’m perusing the Boars Head cheese selection. Dude masked up says ‘could you go somewhere else if you’re not going to wear a mask???’. Naturally my response was ‘I could, but I’m not, but you’re more than welcome to fuck off’. He went somewhere else in the store, I waited for my Italian herb mozzarella and Lacey swiss. Crossed his path in a couple other aisles doing the same thing to other people. Of course I needed to look for things in the same section(s) and dude would leave with a swiftness. Seemed odd to me, like he was trying to start shit with non-mask wearers...which was the majority of the store since HT isn’t/hasn’t been following the mask mandate.

Last edited:
I'd say it was around 20 seconds. I'm not sure it was the mask or just repositioning the sensor.
Theres a lot of science saying it shouldn't be the mask, unless you're really bad at adjusting your breathing. Its much more likely from repositioning the thing, or your pulse adjusting after sitting down etc. Finger pulse ox is a pretty lousy real-time signal.

Seemed odd to me, like he was trying to start shit with non-mask wearers..
Being a little guy, you're use to being picked on too...

Being a little guy, you're use to being picked on too...

Coincidentally, after what I said initially, I made the conscious decision to ignore any other interaction if there was any, because all the potential headlines started live streaming through my head. I call that personal growth...20-something me, with nothing to lose would have been petty as hell and tried to instigate further reactions. 30 something me with assets and family just says get fukt and leave me alone.

But some of you could get use of this
108052466_3266542073404652_6131557714786438187_n.jpg

Theres a lot of science saying it shouldn't be the mask, unless you're really bad at adjusting your breathing. Its much more likely from repositioning the thing, or your pulse adjusting after sitting down etc. Finger pulse ox is a pretty lousy real-time signal.
Well we all know that you cant just trust science. One person within your social media circle has had a personal experience that, when taken at face value, clearly contradicts the scientific data available. Who are you really going to trust here? We all know that decisions based on science are for liberals and sheep.

But some of you could get use of this
108052466_3266542073404652_6131557714786438187_n.jpg
That's odd I had a lady tell me today her masked matched the carpet...She had really white teeth and bright red lisptick...

Ya know guys, wearing a mask really isn’t that difficult. I, for one, am ecstatic establishments like Walmart are taking a stand and mandating masks. So far, so good...this patron in orange is even wearing her mask properly. Kudos to those saving lives through compliance.

5E939911-372D-434A-B1D0-43A1AE36CF83.jpeg

Ya know guys, wearing a mask really isn’t that difficult. I, for one, am ecstatic establishments like Walmart are taking a stand and mandating masks. So far, so good...this patron in orange is even wearing her mask properly. Kudos to those saving lives through compliance.

View attachment 322203
Dat ass dough...

View attachment 322203
You asshole.

Regardless of my personal feelings...my wife has been the lead/mentor/intermediary for this project, developed by one of ‘her kids’. Been pretty cool to see the work and ambition her 4th/5th graders have put in to it.

Elementary student starts contest to encourage COVID-19 safety - Salisbury Post

Edit...damn, looks like there's a pay wall. Anyway, it's basically an awareness contest on wearing masks, endorsed by local government. Gist of it is, a poster contest for raising mask awareness for anyone to participate in, but 4th/5th graders can receive cash prizes for their creativity.

Last edited:

View attachment 322203

“Doesn’t matter how fast you cross the finish line if you’re running the wrong race.”
― Richie Norton

Here is my question, and this is strictly just to understand and not to pass judgment on anyone. But other than having a medical condition that doesn't allow you to wear a mask or wear a mask for an extended period of time, why do folks have such an issue with wearing a mask?

I get that a lot of people feel that it infringes on your rights and you shouldn't be told what to do and what not to do and I totally get that, but if wearing a mask when you are out in public will hopefully get us to a point where we can return back to "normal", then what's the big deal? I mean, I hate wearing them. I have to wear one at work all day and it sucks, but how can I complain about the numbers steadily rising if I am not doing my part to help curb it?

Because masks don't do squat. The virus particles will pass thru (both ways) 99% of the masks out there. The only one that protects you is an N95 and that won't do anything to help others.

Yes, all of them will for the most part stop droplets but still doesn't stop the transmission of the virus.

Walmart allows anything as long as you cover your face. Walmart issued the employee's cloth masks but almost no one wears them correctly, therefore defeating the idea that they protect others. If the premises of a mask is to protect others, make everyone wear them properly. However, I want to see proof, not SWAG's. I'm not on this earth to make snowflakes feel good.

It's all hugely political. The CDC doesn't know. They say masks won't help, then they say masks do help. They don't really know and then you see that hypocrite Fausi goes out and takes his mask off next to others.

Back