Do you wear a mask when you go out to crowded public places?

Do you wear a mask when you go out to 'crowded' public places?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
So far since the mask mandate effective 6/26 5pm these are the places I’ve been and observed:

1) 2 gas stations- 0% mask usage, including employees
2) Aldi/Harris Teeter- 30/70% general public mask use/Non use, 100% by employees and appeared to be situated properly
3) 2 local restaurants- 0% mask usage, including employees
4) Lowe’s- 70/30% use/non use, 100% usage by employees, but whether they were properly covering their face or not was about 50/50.

Also catching wind that local sheriff/PD are not planning on enforcing mask usage either.

EA74F8F5-81A2-42C5-884F-D2106B377F9D.jpeg

Last edited:
I wear mine at places like grocery stores and such. If the business mandates it, I wear it as that is my choice to do business there. But places like gas stations, farmer's markets, public park I do not. Only where I will be in close contact with others.
Around here in Hendersonville/Brevard I'd say the compliance is around 90%

Went to a couple places this past weekend and wife and I wore our masks. I hated the thought of having to wear one of these damn things while I am out supposedly "enjoying" myself, but if this will help stop the spread and gets us back to normal quicker, I'm game.

Back in the beginning of this mess I wasnt wearing one because I didnt own one and I felt silly wearing a bandana like a train robber when there was hardly anyone even out in the stores. Once I got a mask and more places started opening back up, I started wearing one since the amount of people out and about make it hard to keep that 6 feet of distance. I hate wearing one, but if it has the slightest chance of doing any good, its a small price to pay since apparently you can have this nasty virus and have no symptoms but still spread it to others. I think that is what makes it easier to justify wearing in my head. I just think to myself if I have it but its not affecting me in anyway, I might give it to someone who does not have as strong of an immune system as myself and it kills them. It would make me feel pretty shitty to know that I may have given someone something that killed them but all I had to do to prevent it was wear a cloth covering while out in public.

A good friend of mine made a convincing argument that if two people are in contact, if both are wearing masks about a 2% chance, one not wearing it goes up to almost 60%, neither it's very high. Don't get me wrong I hate wearing the stupid things, but if it prevents even 1 death I'll wear them for a year!

I respect the wishes of the business...
106509343_2715085835394633_4175107713963718154_n.jpg

I've been carrying it with me, & wearing when necessary, or required. Being that Now we are under a State order, yea yea yea. I stopped at a McDonald's today, since more of them are opening the Lobby's now. Being in a hurry, I forgot mine. Stepped inside & the employee told me I Had to wear a mask. They were too. Went back to the truck, got masked, went back got my food ''to go"! After work, I stopped at a Family restaurant. Rule say you wear it into the business, & to your table. You can take it off, at the table. But If & when you get up, Put it back on! So I walk in wearing my mask. I felt awkward & some strange looks, as I was the "Only" person inside With a mask! Damn, the waitresses didn't even have a mask, or the cashier! Something Stupid going on here!

Thanks to our wonderful governor, we had to make them mandatory in the plant. That went over like a lead balloon! I just explained them them that we had to follow the rules or face possible fines and media exposure of not caring about our employees. The county we work in is not enforcing the mandatory face mask at all as there are probably 30% of the folks wearing the out and about while the couple of places I have been are not requiring them to enter. We could make them optional, but then you get that one person who just like to be the instigator and calls the health department to "tell" on us. I don't see why is was not left of to local municipalities to issue what they deem necessary. Our whole county has a whooping 16 cases active. Sheez!

Today, I hit a "Chicken King", for take out. They are serving a few inside, but even before restrictions, they did more take out, than dine in. Again, I go in with my mask on. A couple coming out, wearing mask. Step inside, & half of the handful of customers, are wearing mask. The Cooks, The Owner [helping at the register], & the Server/Register lady, are all Bare faced, & no gloves. It's Really unbelievable! The Few Fast food places that have opened the Lobby's, All have mask, gloves, & Require the Customer to wear a mask! Looks like it will take a Full Shutdown, of the State, to get residents to care!:mad:

^^^ exactly why we haven't eaten out or gotten to-go food since this all started.

2 restaurant workers died in Moore county this week. Causes not released. But...if it was C-V, then....

It sounds like the answer to the question about 'why the mask requirement now' is because of the lack of mask availability when this started and the need for medical personnel to have them.

At the bike shop, we have signs posted requiring them because of the mandate. We keep the doors locked when we can because at least half of the folks in the area don't seem to think they can get it or something. The 'normal folks' have them but it seems there are just as many very special cases that are either ignorant or genetically lacking (this applies to not only the mask but interaction with them). I wear a mask anytime I'm inside a building with many people inside. Regardless of how bad this virus is, I don't want it, I don't want to pass it along to others, nor do I want to be considered a mouth-breather, as I've heard it called.

All things aside, i did crack up just a few minutes ago about this very subject.

Lady walks in to take blood for our insurance (changing carriers). Granted this lady should be a medical professional. She is not wearing a mask.

Walks in and asks me " Are masks required?"

Me: "Not required but its your personal preference"

Her: "Good, they dont do a damn thing anyways."

Cracks me up how we have so little consensus on such a minor thing. Thanks to our supreme leadership in this arena (Fauci) for straight up lying to the public then admitting to it.

It sounds like the answer to the question about 'why the mask requirement now' is because of the lack of mask availability when this started and the need for medical personnel to have them.

Bingo.
ZtZuZT.gif

If that’s the case it was still a bold faced lie. If it indeed does help (which years if research on coronavirus’s should prove or disprove) then you lost all credibility to any constituents by lying to them in the first place. Why do you think no one trusts anyone anymore?

So here's the thing... and I don't know what else is going on...
but everybody, including and especially the scientists, knows the mask is pointless unless there is somebody near you or you are talking loudly, e.g. into podium microphone in front of people.
So if he's done doing his daily shpeal and nobody is around him, why not?

(of course the answer is... optics)

Back