Do you wear a mask when you go out to crowded public places?

Do you wear a mask when you go out to 'crowded' public places?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.0%
  • No

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
FB_IMG_1593129095874.jpg

I have no choice... every call we answer, firefighter, officer, and patient get a mask to wear. Have to take the patients temp too. If it’s 100 or above... we break out the tyvek suits, face shields and goggles.

They are starting to make it mandatory that we wear one at work. They have supplied us with some, but they are some damn hot and uncomfortable. I gotta find one that's more comfortable and a little more "breathable"

They are starting to make it mandatory that we wear one at work. They have supplied us with some, but they are some damn hot and uncomfortable. I gotta find one that's more comfortable and a little more "breathable"
My dad has made one from screen left over from the porch they had built. LOL

I've not really been anywhere crowded since March 5.

I've worn one when it seemed prudent but got tired of it when I'd walk out the door feeling short of breath. Fortunately our HT is smaller and not very busy when I go. I went to the Food Lion at EI and didn't have one but most of the clientele was much older and they were all wearing them. Last time I went to HT (first since the new mask order), I had a mask in my pocket and left it there since no one was there to tell me I had to. I put it on for the duration of checkout because it was the only time I was within 6' of another person.

If the goal is to be a snot guard, just wear a plastic face sheild.
We use these bad boys in the lab when grinding through skulls
https://www.amazon.com/Uvex-Polycar...74JN545QP6Y&psc=1&refRID=BZ7XWTR5274JN545QP6Y

That's the one for a hardhat. I just accidentally ordered it last weekend after my metal in the eye incident. I'm sending it back for the one with a regular head adapter. That one is only $22. LOL

I was using a different shield with less side coverage. Thought I'd give the uvex a shot.

The ONLY place I wear one is at work .... where it's required.
Why? Because a bunch of temps who work shoulder to shoulder got sick .... IN ANOTHER BUILDING!

The requirement is only that something covers the mouth and nose.
I have something like this and the thought has entered my mind more than once .....

Shemagh-wear.jpg

If you wear it, do it right

f6a87d8855fc4a0f1b07c21989773c1c.jpg

Might mumble some phrases in pashto for dramatic affect lol

ths new set of orders are as illegal as the last set.

We need to lock Saige Martin and Roy Cooper in a room :lol:

Went several places today in Moore County. I'd say mask-wearing is about 95%. The 5% were walking around with "WTF is wrong with you people" expressions.

I wore mine.

The lady with the white hair scares me.

I would say she is the antichrist, if such a thing existed.......

But all in all, they are a very accurate representation of the people who refuse to wear a mask for the good of others.....

Since we "must wear a face covering" on site, I wear a gaiter (what we call em, not sure of real name). When someone walks by and bitches, I pull it up for minute. Otherwise its around my neck (sorry, Bubba smollett). Its then and ports and breathable and entirely useless.

I don't question whether the masks help a bit.

What I question is, why now? Why not 2 months ago?

The science hasn't changed. Only the optics have, which is what Cooper is reacting to.

When you're in command, COMMAND. Cooper isn't a leader.
You just summed up my thoughts pretty well. I'm not against masks, I'm against pointless government overreach.

Back