Dixie Run?

darth

Hi All, I'm finally, once again, going to try to get back on the trails as I'm now only working 4 days a week. My 98 TJ and 92 Samurai are still sick with PCM issues so no driving for me until I figure out how to get things working (anyone got a spare TJ PCM -6cyl/manual lying around??). Sorry, most of the folks in the club don't have a clue who I am but I was a member years ago and created the original CTB web site. Then I moved to CA and then to CT then back to Durham 6 years ago. Anyhow, I may head to Dixie Run and was wondering if anyone needs a copilot? (given a choice, I'd prefer to ride with a sexy blond 30 something woman with big....oh, never mind, Never been one of those in the club and probably isn't one now either ;-) Cheers! Dennis

I'm going but already have a co-pilot.

Welcome back Dennis. Hope all is well.

My experience with PCM issues is complex as well. Have been chasing an issue with my Cherokee for weeks now, post the squirrel magedden at the house.
I just ordered a PCM from Oriellys yesterday after waiting 10 days for one from FLAGSHIP ONE - continual emails about delays, in process, shipping tomorrow.....
Oriellys one should be here Monday - we shall see.

Cant help with ride at DR - hope to see you at the Fun Caravan.

Doug

Welcome back Dennis,

Unfortunately, I am not going to Dixie Run or I'd let you ride with me. There are several going that don't get on here much. You might try the email list if you are getting the newsletters.

Welcome back Dennis, unfortunately I am going to miss the Dixie Run this year as well. Hope to see you at the Fun Caravan on the 7th of October.
James B

Hi All, I'm finally, once again, going to try to get back on the trails as I'm now only working 4 days a week. My 98 TJ and 92 Samurai are still sick with PCM issues so no driving for me until I figure out how to get things working (anyone got a spare TJ PCM -6cyl/manual lying around??). Sorry, most of the folks in the club don't have a clue who I am but I was a member years ago and created the original CTB web site. Then I moved to CA and then to CT then back to Durham 6 years ago. Anyhow, I may head to Dixie Run and was wondering if anyone needs a copilot? (given a choice, I'd prefer to ride with a sexy blond 30 something woman with big....oh, never mind, Never been one of those in the club and probably isn't one now either ;-) Cheers! Dennis
Hi Dennis. Nice to meet you. I’m going to Dixie Run! My 89 YJ copilot seat is open and available. I’m camping at Windrock Gap Campground couple miles from the event by myself in motorhome. I’ll be at camp Thursday afternoon. Running trails Fri and Sat and doing tech inspection Friday evening. BTW- lived all my life in SoCA and moved to NC in 2021…so I guess we have something in common 😮 Let me know if interested. David Meyer

Attachments

• IMG_9988.jpeg
    IMG_9988.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 54
I don't think David will qualify but you would have a good time riding with him as long as he can keep air in the tire. :D
This is how I usually role…and role… or not…🤣. I can get a blonde wig if you prefer…🤣

Attachments

• F7AABEEC-AF75-40D9-8B85-CCAB92C8930A2023-04-15_15-36-28_604.jpeg
    F7AABEEC-AF75-40D9-8B85-CCAB92C8930A2023-04-15_15-36-28_604.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 52D03CA3-4C1F-4C90-B207-5BBD1BD6226D2023-07-17_19-36-13_000.jpeg
    52D03CA3-4C1F-4C90-B207-5BBD1BD6226D2023-07-17_19-36-13_000.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 70
Welcome back Dennis, unfortunately I am going to miss the Dixie Run this year as well. Hope to see you at the Fun Caravan on the 7th of October.
James B
Hi James, let me know how to pay dues so I can be become official once more. Also, I now realize that DR and the Fun Caravan are back to back so I will have to choose one or the other. Not sure which yet though.

This is how I usually role…and role… or not…🤣. I can get a blonde wig if you prefer…🤣
I don't think the wig will cut it!! haha. I may end up going to the Fun Caravan instead as I will only be able to go to 1 event and that's a lot closer than a 6hr drive. BUT, if I do end up at the DR I'll look you up. Would your camping spot have room to park another vehicle?

Hi James, let me know how to pay dues so I can be become official once more. Also, I now realize that DR and the Fun Caravan are back to back so I will have to choose one or the other. Not sure which yet though.
If I could only do 1 event, It's the Fun Caravan all day long. James will be more than happy to take your money at the Fun Caravan.

I'd be in but need more miles on this 14b. Its finally done!
And we're coming back from the beach that same week. Would be a tough turnaround.

I don't think the wig will cut it!! haha. I may end up going to the Fun Caravan instead as I will only be able to go to 1 event and that's a lot closer than a 6hr drive. BUT, if I do end up at the DR I'll look you up. Would your camping spot have room to park another vehicle?
Yes. I took Robbie spot at Windrock campground next to DR event area. Space D11.

My grandmother passed away earlier this week and I have not been able to get things ready to go so we are going to have to miss this weekend. If any of you that are going would like to try and pick up my shirts and bring them to fun caravan that would be great.

Sorry for your loss, Ronnie.

I'll get your stuff.

My grandmother passed away earlier this week and I have not been able to get things ready to go so we are going to have to miss this weekend. If any of you that are going would like to try and pick up my shirts and bring them to fun caravan that would be great.
Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Back