Dixie Run 2009 - Online Registration Open

I havnt heard of this before is there more info on it?

http://www.sfwda.org/dixierun/

Southern Four Wheel Drive Association is pleased to announce the new location for the 2009 Dixie Run, Golden Mountain Park south of Cookeville, Tennessee. This year’s event, to be held October 2-4, 2009, was relocated due to the recent closure of the Nantahala Forest Tellico OHV area.

Greg Griffith, Dixie Run coordinator, states “We went looking for an area that could host the event and support SFWDA’s “Rescue Tellico” effort. The supporting business members of SFWDA and local clubs looked at several different Off-Road areas in Tennessee and North Carolina seeking something special that would be supported by the local businesses and the land managers. We found that special place at Golden Mountain Park - http://www.goldenmountainpark.com. After meeting with Rocky Jannuzzello, park owner and manager at Golden Mountain, and seeing that he wants to help continue our efforts for “Rescue Tellico” plus the awesome facilities offered we feel Golden Mountain makes the perfect location for the 2009 Dixie Run event (October 2-4, 2009).

Park manager Jannuzzello said;” We look forward to having one of the oldest
and longest running Off Road events on the east coast at the Golden Mountain
Park. The opportunity to host Southern Four Wheel Drive Association’s “Dixie
Run” is an honor and a privilege we gladly accept and look forward too. Golden
Mountain Park is a strong supporter of SFWDA’s “Rescue Tellico” effort and
is excited about having everyone up to have a great time and see what his park
has to offer.”

I havnt heard of this before is there more info on it?
This is another example why folks should look into joining 4x4clubs, attending club functions and learning alot more about our sport.

There is so much to learn, about many different aspects of this hobby. Just going wheeling is one thing...but becoming involved in the preservation,and advancements of our sport is a whole ''nuther'' level.

***this is not a jab aimed at bluecrawler...I just saw it as an oppurtunity to push for true sport involvement***

mini rant over!

Damn.....80 bucks....No thanks

I attended 11 straight Dixie Runs. First one missed was last year when so much was closed at Tellico. I will be there! If you miss Tellico and the great trails there you need to make this event. I support Southern with my membership and will support them on this venture as well. The vendor section, the guided trail rides, the food provided, The meeting, the raffle, are all good reasons to attend. But the main reason to attend is to support Southern 4WD association in their venture to get our trails back at Tellico. They are our only hope!
$79 is a small price for what you get!

Late registration is always more. Add in if you let them cook breakfast and if you want t-shirts and so on and the price goes up

Back