Devils playground open invite 5/28

BIGWOODY

We have been clearing land near Thomasville to wheel on. There really aren't any multiple "trails" to speak of, it's sorta like a lot of Telico type obstacles packed in a few acres. There are lines that have been attempted but no one has done them. There are also lines that only one or two have made. We will be hanging out socializing, watching and doing some wheeling most of the Memorial day weekend. Anyone is welcome to either ride or watch, all the obstacles are just a short walk (less then 100 yards through a feild). There will be a waiver to sign to keep anyone from suing the land owner and we will take donations to give to the land owner (optional of course). If you are interested let us know, we can either meet you somewhere and lead you in or give directions, it is about 5 miles off 109 after you cross over 64 coming out of Thomasville..to the left on Hanerville rd. Hope to see some of yall there.

if i can put my tranny back together tomorrow and get it installed on wed. i will be there. so coming from raleigh is it the same way you would go to get to URE but make a right onto 109 off 64 instead of a left?

Metto said:
if i can put my tranny back together tomorrow and get it installed on wed. i will be there. so coming from raleigh is it the same way you would go to get to URE but make a right onto 109 off 64 instead of a left?

Yes.

I may be able to make it out there, we will see.

What time or so will the crew be out there? (Trying to think what I have going on...gonna try and come out for a few hours)

Sam Hinton

oh also... is there anyway we (well, i ) can camp out there? i would like to drive out friday night and sleep out there, if not camping i will sleep in the back of the truck on the side of the road

we are talking about riding to ure to camp sat night and riding there sat night & coming back to the land sunday to ride. or camping @ the land sat night. no plans set in stone yet. we will be @ the playground sat & sun for sure ! bring your spare parts theres a good chance your gonna need um !!!
scott

man wish i could make it, been following your clean-up of the area. junk ain't ready yet, trying to get it together for paragon in a few weeks. any chance of another open weekend later in the year???

thanks
brandon

I want another shot at the Hornet's Nest. I will be out there on Sunday, leaving from High Point and can show the way if anyone wants to go but hasn't been yet.

I'll be there. I heard just meet at the 64/109 interesection at 9am and someone will be there to follow.

JB

ok if my TC show up today i should be there sunday. if i dont make it with the truck im still planning to come watch sunday afternoon

Is this open invite extended into Sunday? Ill probably head on down if thats alright - I havent broken anything in a few weeks so I might as well as give it a shot :driver:

Is there room for parking for a tow rig and trailor?

StudNuts said:
Is this open invite extended into Sunday? Ill probably head on down if thats alright - I havent broken anything in a few weeks so I might as well as give it a shot :driver:

Is there room for parking for a tow rig and trailor?

There better be parking ! Alot of us are trailere queens, including me. I think there is though. I heard something about a field at the trail head.

JB

Yes it is a open invite on sat. and sun. and there is plenty of room for tow rigs.
JASON,

Metto said:

I know somebody answered "yes" to your question...but the map seems to say differently...

Thomasville is North of 64...so in order to go "5 miles off 109 after you cross 64 coming out of Thomasville" you would need to heads TOWARDS Uwharrie on 109...

and the link on the Mud Devils site says:

From Charlotte
85 N to US64 east (not old 64)to 109S, 1st left on Hannerville RD....

which is the same direction (South) on 109 you take to Uwharrie...

Greg

...also...

somebody here said 9am...but the Mud Devils site says 10am until?

can somebody give a general idea what time "until?" is...I might not head out til noon or so...

Greg

to answer a few questions , yes you do head towards ure on 109. we will be there from about 10 am until late!! we are cooking out so we plan on eating dinner there. somebody on here started the 9 am thing , if you want to know whats going on with our ride the mud devils site is the place to post . we check here but not as often as our site. come on down it should be a good time.
scott

Back