dana 60 questions

Charles Smith

smitty1371
I've got a dana 60 out of a 78-79 f350 im putting it into a yj. has anyone had experience with those rough stuff +2 perches do they hold up well? also will stretching 2in cause the d60 to hit the gas tank? and lastly if I do a disc brake conversion on it using chevy 3/4 ton calipers and rotors will it clear 15" wheels? just looking for some input ahead of time before I dive in and run into these problems as I go.

You'll have to grind down the calipers a bit. The perches should be fine.

I'm running my second axle with the +2 perches. I love them, however, plan on building an anti-wrap bar. They increase the axle wrap under braking.

As stated by Shawn, you will need to grind the top of the calipers to fit 15" wheels. The amount of grinding will be dictated by the backspacing of the wheels.

do either one of you know if it's gonna hit the fuel tank with 2in of stretch I looked under there and I'm not hopeful haha
That's all dependent on the height given by the springs. No way to know until you mock it up at FULL BUMP and then reverse engineer. That way you'll under all circumstances that it will clear.

15s with 2.5 backspacing will clear without grinding.

i can look to double check. but iirc fully compressed my dana 60 and stock gas skid has about 1 inch of clearance.

I'm running soa on some factory height rear springs they are a hd version with one extra leaf and thicker leaves jeep sat higher than it did with the stock springs on soa

The money saved from those pesky grinder wheels won't offset the cost of replacing ball joints, wheel bearings and a crappy scrub radius however...

Reverse centers are the devil

I one hundred percent agree. I do not intend to be on these wheels any longer than I have to. I had started to type the same warning but refrained in case of mispeak - figured would let one of you say it ;)

Back