Dana 300 flip kit

I know a couple of guys that have done their own flip. If you have some fab skillz and want to try you can find lots of info on the web for DIY flips. I know one of the guys had an issue with fluid leakage around the shift rail caps as the flip puts the shift mechanism on the bottom but works fine otherwise.

I'm starting to look into this, and I have found that alot of guys who just flip the case without making a new shift rail housing just run a double lip seal on the rails to prevent leakage.

I just finished installing a flipped D300 in my YJ. I used a flipped clocking ring from Novak that worked well. I had to trim one of the "ears" of the aluminum shift bracket on the transfercase to clear that transmission. I haven't figured out shifters yet. I've put a few miles on it, and it seems to be ok so far. No leakage from around the shift rails, but like I said I don't have shifters, so the rails haven't seen any movement.

check out ebay, i found some flip shifters for a dana 300 that im going to use in my tj once i get the time to pick up a dana 300 and set it up with 4:1 gears...then all you need is a barbed hose and one other thing to flip the dana 300 and run it, should be no leaks...according to the guy i got it from

check out ebay, i found some flip shifters for a dana 300 that im going to use in my tj once i get the time to pick up a dana 300 and set it up with 4:1 gears...then all you need is a barbed hose and one other thing to flip the dana 300 and run it, should be no leaks...according to the guy i got it from
I've seen those flip shifters on ebay. Pretty sure DD machine is the one that has them on there. I might just end up going the flip shifter route once I have time to take a look at the internals of the tcase.

I used the DEO kit and it is pricey but it shifts like a dream. I think most of the cost is in the Atlas shifters that come with it. The shifters are probably what makes this a good kit because of the adjustability. The additional height from the aluminum shifter mounting plate prevented me from clocking it more than I could have.

Back