Damage Disclosure Statement

BugsandJeeps

Hi all,
I am about to go get the title transferred to my name for my 74 CJ5. Will I need to have a damage disclosure statement for a vehicle that old? There seems to be some discrepancy on this.

Thanks!

Mike

Here it is from the DMV website: Looks like the changed the requirements since the last one I did.

Here is the form...looks like answer 2 3 & 5.

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/forms/vehic...oad/mvr181.pdf

To register a vehicle purchased from an individual:

1. Furnish the title properly assigned, and notarized to you. If any liens are shown on the front of the vehicle's title, you will need a lien release.

2. Complete the Title Application (MVR-1), declaring all liens, signed in the presence of a notary.

3. If the vehicle is less than 10 years old, you must supply an odometer disclosure statement signed by both the seller and the buyer.

4. A Damage Disclosure Statement (MVR-181) is required.

5. The title will be issued and mailed to the owner or if a lien is declared, to the lienholder.

6. If the vehicle is coming from out-of-state, the owner has 10 days to have vehicle inspected in North Carolina.

If the title doesn't have the area to fill in the damage disclosure part of the transaction, then yes. They will give you a little form to fill out. I had to do one, but did not have the seller with me. Nice lady at the plate agency gave me the form and a pen, and told me to go out to the parking lot and "look" for the seller! ;)

Well in looking at the title it appears to have the questions that are on the damage disclosure form. So I guess the title does cover the damage disclosure. I'll try it and see how it goes.

Mike

Back