d44 calipers?

sharksanddanger

I have a d44 out of a wagoneer and my calipers are not that great. Someone was telling me i could put bigger pads and calipers off of a F250 and they would bolt right up the same way the current ones do. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

I've heard of people using the stock waggy caliper brackets, with chevy small bearing spindles, calipers and pads, and 4WD f150 rotors with a ford hub and lockout. As long as you use the original waggy outters it will be the right length to get the lockouts to engage.

Or are you gonna be running/blowing up those warn hubs? :flipoff2: should work either way.

Go to www.ifsja.org and search better brakes. There is a thread with part #s and all about running 3/4 ton GM calipers and pads. Its a bolt on deal. Change calipers,pads and hoses.

Rule of thumb when swapping parts - you have to swap everything from knuckles out to swap. Pretty sure this will be the case from F-250 onto a stock waggy. Knuckles, stub axles, caliper brackets, spindles, rotors, calipers. I've done a couple knuckle-out swaps on Dana 44's with good success to the F-250 style.
Some knuckles are very similar but with different tie rod ball joint mounting hole sizes. (like EB's and F-150's and F-250's are all different!) Bearings, spindles are all different as well. EB's and F-150's have same calipers and brackets.

EB radius arms and C's, and spring cups are different between EB and F-150's as well.

Mixing and matching, you are always safe to go knuckles out...
This has always held truth unless you go with the aftermarket stuff...

Back