Custom Paint Job for Cancer Survivor

ncbeachjeep

My mom is restoring a 1984 CJ-7 (SHE-J). This Jeep is going to be used for Cancer Awareness. My mom is a 14 year survivor of Breast Cancer and volunteers alot of her time for the American Cancer Society reach for recovery and has been the chairperson for her local Relay for Life for 11 years. She has had a custom paint job designed for her jeep that includes pink ribbons turning into flames and ghost flames and suvivor integrated throughout the paint job. I am trying to find someone in Eastern North Carolina that can not only do this type of work but someone that might also be willing to donate some of their time for this great cause. Thank you.

Very sorry for your loss

I think everyone has been touched my the dreaded C word in some form or another. She found a graphic artist donate the design (it's truly amazing) but finding someone to paint it is going to be another story. If you want to see the design I can email it. It starts off a rasberry color and then fades to light pink at the back of the Jeep. Ribbon Flames down the hoods and Fender with a Survivor banner across the hood. She already has about 9k invested in this Jeep and I have a feeling this paint job would cost 6k+ unless we find someone to help out. Thanks to anyone that has any leads.

Count me among the list touched by the tragic loss of a loved one to this damned disease.

If nothing else, Id imagine you could take up a nice collection and pay for the paint job?

seems like there was A cancer survivor/impact thread here at one time? I am sure we could find some willing to donate top the cause, and I know there is at least a few painters on the board. I just am not sure how much custom skill there is as that seems to bee more in the bike and muscle car crowd.

I think thsi is a great idea.
That said, I really hate to be the guy to sound like a pessimist, but just to point out the practical aspects of this... this kind of paint job is not cheap. It's not the labor so much as the materials... lots of colors, that's lots of different paint, and lets be honest, you definitely want to use good stuff so it dosn't fade quickly or look crappy; in many respects, that could be seen as a poor representation.

I agree w/ the above, I think the best bet is to look into finding somebody who will provide free labor, and do a fundraiser of sorts to cover materials cost. That way you aren't asking as much from the painter.

Thanks for your input guys, She is trying to get this done by April for this years Relay for Life is possible, so keep the ideas coming

If it's a PDF, just email/PM it to me, and I'll post it in my webspace, then provide a link. Then anybody w/ the free Adobe reader (which is pretty much everybody) can just click and open it.

Dude, I wish I could paint. That is a kick butt design. Like many in this board, my family has been affected by cancer as well. Good luck.

damn, if it weren't for the fades/gradients in the Ribbon and flames, I'd say get the base colors painted and I'd do the graphics in Vinyl for you. But that's out of my realm with the gradients. nice design!

very sick paintjob.....i could do the flame/ribbons etc....but im not quite up to par with my fades at the moment......if there was any way you could get it up to Central Piedmont Comm College, im sure my old teacher Dave Bowen would do the painting, he is amazing.....he did the paint on tony stewarts hearse......i can get you his number if youd like.....wish i could help more...lost my grandad to lung cancer, my other to some other type and my grandma to lung cancer also....hmmm maybe i should stop smoking

Back