Custom Furniture Opinions

Blake_JK

Not four wheel drive related but I'm looking for some opinions. Started building some furniture last month for the girlfriends college apartment next semester. Just got around to painting them tonight. I Was thinking I was gonna use red oak boards. The way I have made her stools, I can use 2: 1" x 6" boards. The way I have made her coffee table, I can use 3: 1" x 8" boards.

Any opinions on what kind of wood to finish them with? Stain opinions?

20200511_203416.jpg

Should've left them bare steel. They won't rust like you think they will. For that get a light stain!

Since I asked for some opinions on wood tops for my girlfriends furniture that I'm building, I figured I better follow up with some progress. Last weekend I was able to wrap up the project and call my part done. After reading the opinions I got, I decided to go with a pine top. I couldnt agree more that it's only a college dorm, even though the cedar would have looked awesome! (My wallet was pleased I went with pine too) All that is left is for her to pick a stain she likes and slap it on.

20200525_163550.jpg

(Ignore the blue masking tape. Since the fate of the stain is in her hands, I decided that I better tape the tops so I dont have to worry about getting that stain off my paint)

Back