currie jonny joints

Mind if I hijack while the pros are in the thread? What's the advantage of the heim joints over say the currie johnny's? Picked up some rusty long arm's from a nc4x4 member and want to replace the joints and was thinking of going with heims. Good idea?

I probably wouldn't rebuild the johnny joints either since I could just replace them. They're not too terribly expensive.

The newer rebuildable style cartridge joints are much stronger than a 3/4" heim, don't need misalignment spacers, are greasable, and can be tightened as you please... Spherical rod ends are smaller, typically have larger bores, and are cheaper. That's about the extent of the advantage.

I respect curry for being pretty much the innovator of the cartridge joint in 4x4'ing, but there are better and cheaper choices out there now. Fwiw. The currie joints are as far as I know the only ones that still use the softer urethane races though if that's your thing.

Greg - if you need one in a hurry next time, let me know, I have one of every size for spares..

Mind if I hijack while the pros are in the thread? What's the advantage of the heim joints over say the currie johnny's? Picked up some rusty long arm's from a nc4x4 member and want to replace the joints and was thinking of going with heims. Good idea?
Heims are noisey as hell after awhile (SQUEEK!!!) I can't stand listening to a bunch of squeeking rolling down the trail.

Back