Cub Cadet Zero Turn mower 50" cut - Sold

cranbiz

Time for me to move on to an upgraded mower.

This is a 50" deck Cub Cadet RZT50. 22HP Briggs. It's well used with over 500 hours on the engine but it still runs decent. I bought from Phillip about 3 years ago and replaced the lower crankcase housing due to a crack in it.

The Good:
New mower deck belt, new drive belt.
One season old Turf Saver tires, will come with the paddle tires which are still good.
Blades have less than one season on them.
Newer Rural King Battery
Deck wheels have been replaced
Replaced one head 2 years ago.
New air filter and will come with a spare new one.

The Bad:
Uses oil, the crank seal is bad. I add oil to it every 4-5 hours of use.
The PTO clutch is not working. It's really wobbly and has cut out while mowing. I just replaced the switch and it worked for about 10 minutes yesterday before it quit again. A Chinesium PTO clutch is about $80 from Amazon and not horrible to replace. Might need another switch too, which is about $17.

NC4x4 price $500 or BO. It will be up on Facebook for $1000 so I can actually get what I would like for it.

20240429_181407.jpg
20240429_181415.jpg
20240429_181430.jpg
20240429_181439.jpg
20240429_181246.jpg

Last edited:
You may or may not know, most of the PTO / electric clutches, have what's called an air gap on it. It's the space between the disc & the electric magnet that engages it. It can wear & become to wide for the magnet to grab it. Mine has 3 bolts around it, that adjust it. A few times I've had to turn my bolts in, about 1/3 turn, to keep engagement. The last time I found it had fooled me; wasn't the clutch, but was my toggle switch loosing contact. I could hold the switch in the one position & it worked. I bought a new switch! Used a tiny bungy cord to hold it, until I could get the switch.

Thanks Rodney. I do know about both issues. I have adjusted the gap and have replaced the switch. There is excessive wear around the bearing housing. I also replaced the switch as one set of contacts were bad.

It mowed until the PTO got hot than just stopped working. At this point, it really needs both replaced. The mower owes me nothing and it was just time for me to move on and upgrade, which I did yesterday. It's been a good mower and with someone giving it some more TLC, will continue to be a good mower.

This is tempting. Y'all know I love a good deal and a project. Going to see what the son thinks since he's more up on mower and small motor knowledge. Stuck in Florida for the week though.

This is tempting. Y'all know I love a good deal and a project. Going to see what the son thinks since he's more up on mower and small motor knowledge. Stuck in Florida for the week though.
This engine isn't all that hard to pull. I pulled it to replace the lower crankcase when I bought it. The PTO clutch will come off easily as I just had it off to troubleshoot the PTO issue.

Back