CTB Annual Fun Caravan - Sept 11-13

trying to talk the wife into it. can we bring our dogs? what meals are $8 and is it each meal? hope to have my lift on by then:driver:

I bring my dogs every year, Seems everyone has a hand in there to pet and love em up!
I don't let them run free though and keep them leashed. Also, take them off the beaten path to do their business.

With one registration you get one meal, extra meal is $8.00, and $6.00 for kids, we will only serve the dinner meal on Saturday.

Just to add...You only have to register the full amount, if you plan to compete WITH your rig. (25.00)..all others must pay for meals, but need to register , so we can count for food.

For instance.

I take my jeep , wife, daughter, and cousin Jack

my cost...25.00 + 8.00 + 6.00+8.00= 47.00

the 25 bucks covers my competition and my meal and 1 raffle ticket..everyone else just pays for their meal.

I’m trying to decide if I should buy a meal ticket for our daughter, so what’s the meal going to be this year, the traditional BBQ? Just wondering cause our picky-eater-4-year-old won’t eat BBQ.

No electric this year. Sorry...primative camping.

Durn it, was gonna pull the camper down there / guess I could if I bring the generator with me... Hate to stay at arrowhead with the rest of the event going on over there...

I’m trying to decide if I should buy a meal ticket for our daughter, so what’s the meal going to be this year, the traditional BBQ? Just wondering cause our picky-eater-4-year-old won’t eat BBQ.
Try post number 2
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Abu3TpWHYpvgZGQzNDNwcWNfMWhiNnJzbWZz&hl=en

Durn it, was gonna pull the camper down there / guess I could if I bring the generator with me... Hate to stay at arrowhead with the rest of the event going on over there...

No different than years past, as far as I know we have never had electric

im new to the 4x4 thing anyone care to explane what the games are? or a site i can read about them?

These games will fit you perfectly.
Roll to the line
You and a judge take off from point A. you will have about 20 ft. from starting line to use throttle. Then after that you(driver) have to release all pedals. No gas...no Brakes..you will then coast,swerve..whatever it takes to get your right front wheel closest to a line without crossing it. It all depends on initial throttle input, and how well you can scrub off speed without using brakes. In the past I have won this event by getting 2 inches from the line. Some winners have been 1 inch or less. The last time I did it..i think i ended up 15 ft from the line.
Nudge the jug
water filled milk jug with a tennis ball perched on top. You and your co-pilot take off from point A. Driver is to first nudge the jug with passenger tire, to get the ball to fall of without crushing or knocking jug over(Driver/co driver communication is a must)..then race towards a turning pole, turn around and then nudge the jug with drivers tire. All it takes is a slight nudge, and the ball will drop. Then race to the finish line. All timed, so go fast.
Spear the ring
Long flexible fiberglass pole, ring clipped to a tree limb. Driver drives, passenger totes the pole. Passenger must spear the ring and unclip it, then race towards finish line.
Passengers hands cant go past a line on the pole..Very fun, and not as easy as it sounds..trust me. Driver/co-driver communication is a must! Timed event
Balance beam
2 huge solid oak beams perched on a steel ''I''beam. When the judge says go..roll up on the beam...fastest to balance wins. I have seen the winner turn in a time of 1.9 sec. but thats not normal. Very fun..timed event
Ball and post
2 2x2 post driven into the ground, the top is cupped so a rubber kick ball will balance on it. Driver takes off, driver pulls up to the 1st post, grabs the ball, hands it over to the passenger, passenger places ball on the next pole. Be careful driver...make sure the passenger has that ball balanced on the pole before you speed off. Then it's to a turn around pole and guess what...you do it all again, on the way back in reverse. passenger grabs the ball off, hands it over to the driver and he places it back on the next pole. Vehicle is in reverse gear also!!! Very fun, timed event.

These games are meant to be a fun way to get together,compete, and have some fun. This is not a rock crawl comp, or even a race, but I have found that these games still bring out the competitor in most!!! Very fun and for a great cause.

There will be trophys awarded for the winner of each event. We will also award 1st 2nd and 3rd place overall trophys. You dont have to win a single event, to do good ''overall. Just be consistant in all events.

Bump for a great time. The games are fun, the trophys are cool, the food is yummy, the wheeling for a trophy Poker Run is very cool, the camping is good, the raffle is great........The cause is needy!

sounds good the wife says im crazy and she cant spear a ring but shes in just have to get the baby to grandmas in wilmington before we head out on friday. what time are you guys setting up on fiday?

we will have porta johns. No showers at this time..but most are planning on using a shower elsewhere in the park. There is running water at a spigot(sp)

3 dvd's from 4x4cross racing came in today. Great videos made by Custon Built Race Videos, of the o8 and o9 Jamborees.

Going in the raffle mix.

Club Challenge!!
I want to invite/Challenge all the great clubs and members on this site, to join CTB at this event. Why not try to schedule this as one of your club rides this year?
Just like evryone coming together on the 4x4cross Bronco build...lets all come together on this!

question, not being an ass but a serious question.

CTB wants other clubs to support them and be part of this event, but from my years of experience how often or how many CTB members have supported other clubs and there events?

I have supported CTB and have been to these vents in the past.. it just seems to me that you are really pimping this and wanting everyone to help you but I have never really seen a lot support from CTB to others in the past. why is this?

CTB has and does support other functions other than our own. We have been a large part of about every Big Dixie Bogger invite since it inception. When I say large part, I am talking about the numbers of us that attend them. Last year at the Toy run that Turtle puts on, we had many members that attended that. Every year, our October ride is the Dixie Run put on by Southern Four wheel Drive Association. We have supported the Mud Devils at the play ground. That ride is probably one of the lesser attended of our group, mainly because of the lack of actual trails, and camping, but it has had mention in our monthly newsletter as an alternative ride. We have supported the Georgia Bounty runners in some benefit type rides.
With the number of members in our club, we try and plan ahead. Our ride schedule is slated at the end of the year for the following year. We do this so we can plan and schedule vacation and so forth.
One way to get more participation from our club in support of your events is to plan it early and to let a member of the executive committee know of the event far in advance. That way we can consider it for a scheduled ride.
Chip Price
Public Relations
and
Membership Coordinator

Feel free to cantact me, I will take all invites to our board.

Thanks for the reply Chip.

As stated in your post above about CTB calendar.
I know CNC4x4 also has their calendar planned and posted by Dec of each year for the entire next year and I believe other clubs do the same.

I will also agree and state other clubs have and do support the Dixie Run, Devil's playground, etc..

Dylan's post just came across like: hey this is how we make and fund our club and we would like the other clubs to help us fund our club. Yet I know other smaller clubs have had open invites to their annual events and yet I do not remember seeing any CTB members show up. Just my observation.

As far as funding our club goes, this event is mainly to help fund Southern. Thats where most of these procedes go. The rest really just goes towards food and renting the camping. We(CTB) really dont profit from this. We just give the money away.

I also see the other points you make as something I would like to change.
I do see us(different clubs) at the same events alot of times wheather we are there as official club rides or not.

Our rides are pre-scheduled..but for the most part, events are up to each wheeler, on wheather they attend or not.

Like Chip said, let us know what events/rides CTB is invited to as a club and we will discuss in officers meetings. As far as rides schedules go..I think it would be great if we could all ride together sometimes.

If you guys have an event...pimp it out to us too.

Thanks for bringing this up BRUISER, I hope it helps all of us team up more.

I can remember only one other Fun Caravan, since we have been members, that has actually been open to the public. When other clubs have "Open Intvites", Chip and I are usually there at their event. I have pictures! LOL

As a Trailblazer myself going on two years I've not only seen the club attend/support/helpout other clubs I've also seen the club raise quite a bit of money for some individuals that were having rough times. That says alot for the club.

Back