crock-pot recipes

Black Bear

I was given a crock-pot for xmas, and Im working from the home office this week, I'd like to try it out. Seeing how some of the best recipes I have found have come from the 4x4 world, what are some good recipes?

4 Chicken Boobs
approx 6 boneless chicken thighs
2 bottles BBQ sauce
1 onion cut in 1/8's
1 Dark Beer
add water to make sure everything is just submerged.

Cook for 6-8 hours and serve over rice.

Key to Slow cooker is remove lid as little as possible. I try to not remove it AT ALL.

I have several Crock pot recipes, but that was a quick one for now.

I have been doing mine with
1 large piece of Chuck Roast
1 can of Beer
3 or 4 potatoes diced
4 or 5 carrots
1 full sweet onion
texas Pete

So what I do is,I take the chuck roast and I put a very light sprinkling of Cayenne pepper on it.I then stab it on both sides with a fork to tenderize it as well as let the seasoning soak in,Then I put it in a frying pan and sear every single side to keep the fluids in.Next I dice the Onion into 1/4 inch rounds and put them on the bottom of the Crock Pot.After that I stick in the Chuck Roast,pour in the can of beer ,maybe two depending on the size of the roast,and use Texas Pete to finish covering the meat.Usually it's less than a cup of Texas Pete.I set it on the lowest setting on the Crock pot.Then I add the Potatoes and carrots.I usually let mine cook 6 or 7 hours.It's delicious and not as Spicy as you would think,it's more of a tangy taste.I like to eat mine over White Rice,you could probably add more Veggies,I just eat a lot of them.

Put butter and seasonings (salt, pepper, parsley, garlic...) in the bottom of the crock, melt and stir together.

Place some chunks of onion on the bottom and then add a large chunk of meat on top. Any meat of your choice, although pork shoulder or brisket with a nice fatty layer on one side are good choices. You may choose to sear the meat in a frying pan before putting it in the crock... place it fatty side facing up.

Surround (but don't completely cover) with a combination of beer, broth and bbq sauce (thick stuff) and more seasonings. I usually use a 12 oz can of High Life... because that's what we have in 12 oz cans... and enough bbq and hot sauce to give it good thickness and color. I use broth to get the amount right... canned diced tomatoes with the liquid works, too.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, then you can stir and spoon some of the liquid over the top and let it go another 3 or 4 hours, at least.

Serve over rice, with potatoes or veggies... if I do pork shoulder I'll shred some of it. For us the key is getting it divided and vacuum-sealed so we can freeze some and don't have to eat the same thing over and over.

Like Brent said, remove the lid as little as possible. Also make sure you use enough salt... it won't be any good if it's bland!

EASY and Good roast:
1 big chuck (or whatever is on sale) roast
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup
2 cups water
1 large onion cut up
4 pcs celery cut up
4-5 taters cut up (use some canned if in a pinch)
French's Worcestershire sauce
Adolph's meat tenderizer
Lawry's Seasoned Pepper
Minced Garlic
Marinate Roast:
Stab with knife a lot, add Worcestershire, meat tenderizer, seasoned pepper, and minced garlic and put in freezer bag for a day or two (in the fridge).
In crock pot: (in this order) Add water, soup mix, roast and marinade, onions, taters, celery. Then cook the crap out of it all day on low.
Serve with a side of rice.
Make a side of carrots and either add them to the roast or pour some of the roast juice in the bowl with them. I don't put carrots in the crock pot because it makes it too sweet for me.
Have some seal-able containers ready for the leftovers and you'll have lunches and dinners later in the week.

Best Ever Nacho Cheese Dip

1 Lb Jimmy Dean sausage (mild or hot)
1 block Velveeta cheese(large block)
1 Jar Great Value(Wal-Mart Brand) Black bean and corn salsa
1 Bag Santitas or other tortilla chips
Brown sausage in pan and drain. Cut Velveeta into quarters. Place all ingredients in med (4-5 quart) crock pot. Cook on low for about 1-1 1/2 hrs.

1 big beef or deer roast
1-2 cups of red wine
1-2 beers (varry depending on whats in the fridge, I like dark beer)
2-4 cans of cream o 'shrooms
large onion quartered
large potatoes quartered
3-4 medium onions

cook on low all day and you are good :)

Buffalo Chicken Dip fast and easy for partys

2 Blocks cream cheese
1 Cup of Texaspete
1 Cup of Ranch dressing
2 Cups of cheddar cheese
2 Cups of cooked shredded chicken
Put all ingredients into crockpot on low mix together when melted

1 can Mexican style tomatoes (w/peppers and onions)
1 can corn, drained
1 can kidney beans
1 pack ranch dressing mix
1 pack taco seasoning mix

You can add browned ground beef if you like

Leave in the crock pot as long as you want - it heats quickly -serve over nachos with cheese on top.

Search google, TONS of quick easy recipies.

Kick/Easy chicken
1# chicken boobs
1 can Cream Chicken Soup (or cream mushroom)
1-2 bag frozen vegetables (depending on your tastes)
- I use 1 bag carrots mixed and one bag onion/pepper/mix.
4-5 chopped potatoes.
Salt/pepper/Season to your likes

Cook on low for 8hr or high for 4hr.
If you use canned vegetables, drain them but add some water back in. Check the water content 3/4 way through. Add as needed.

This is a very basic (healthy) recipe that is easy to tune for what you got laying around.

I didnt know there were crock pot recipes, i just get a cheap cut of whatever roast. potatoes, carrots, onion, beer, minced garlic, hot sauce and whatever seasonings i'm in the mood for. Throw it all together and it's good. One thing I do, is wait a couple hours before adding the veggies, except for about a 1/4 of the onion, i like the meat to take that in while cooking, I like the carrots slightly crispy, and the potatoes not quite falling apart.

We do a boston butt on occasion if we want bbq but i don't have time to fire up the smoker. Rub it down, let it sit in the fridge overnight, i put a little liquid in the pot with it, then let it cook all day on low, then place on some paper towels or a rack to get rid of a little of the extra juice, then pull, chop slice, whatever you wanna do.

Get a turkey breast inject with your taste. Cut up carrots and onion. Don't forget Ms.Dash(original) and minced onion these 2 give a great taste to anything!
Put breast side up place carrots and onions in cavity the rest throw in. Sprinkle with Ms.Dash and minced onion. Add water to half of crockpot dish.
Cook at least 7 hrs. Talk about a damn good turkey breast!

This is real easy....
make sure you sear the roast first it makes the meat less chewy. I marinade it overnight in soy, cut onion tiny bit of olive oil and low sodium beef broth. Drop it in a hot pan with hot olive oil for couple of seconds put in the pot add choped red potatoes, minced garlic, 3 chopped up garlic cloves some carrots and fill it up with beef broth. Cook for 3 hrs then add cut onions, 2-3 lbs of celery and carrots 1-2 hrs later you have stew.....or drain the fluid and you have pot roast.
(you can chill it and remove all the fat alter it congeals(sp?))

i cook alot of low sodium meals and usually add garlic salt to add sodium

lol nthin' to add here...

but every time I see the thread title i see "crack pot recipes"

What else can you cook in a crock besides the normal stuff like roasts, dips, soups? My mom used to do gumbo for us, but that's really no different than a soup. I've got several slow cooker cook books and they're all the same stuff, meat/veggies/onion soup based things.

What else can you cook in a crock besides the normal stuff like roasts, dips, soups? My mom used to do gumbo for us, but that's really no different than a soup. I've got several slow cooker cook books and they're all the same stuff, meat/veggies/onion soup based things.
you can make pies, cakes, enchiladas, bread, cider and teas.
yum i will try to find other recipes...

Crock Pot Still.I Gotta say....................Outstanding!!!!!!

Sweet baby Rays to be specific. Memphis style. Sorry but NC doesn't know BBQ. I'm sure that'll start some shit.

I'm with you on this, and i'm from here, i like sweet thick sauce, with a nice little kick to finish it off. Vinegar based sauce sucks!

If i make sauce it usually involves mostly onion, red pepper,garlic, and brown sugar and whatever else suits my mood at the time.

If i use store bought sauce, it's always sweet baby ray's.

As far as I'm concerned, barbecue is like wine... all the differences just offer something new to experience... thick sauce, vinegar-based, pork, beef, turkey, chicken... it's all good. But "barbecue" isn't a verb and it isn't a grill. ;)

All that being said, I do love me some Clyde Cooper's.

Back