Crackers Neck 8/31?

GSW

Crackers Neck-Labor Day Weekend

Assuming we can buy a pass during the week. Anybody else up for a hump day trip to Mtn City? This might be our last chance to ride there.

So far we've got one (1) rig. My buddy just got his RE long arm on a Rubi Unlimited and needs to test it out. My TJ is still 2wd thanks to 3.07 gears in front so it will probably stay in Boone. Post up if you wanna go, we'll be starting out pretty early and meeting in Boone around 9-9:30.

Is it closing? I would love to go. My apartment is on 421 about 20 miles from Mtn. City. I have to work during the week so I won't be able to make it.

If crackers neck is stil open on Sept. 2,3,4 me and a few buddy's will be up there for the weekend. Probably 4 or 5 rig's; my XJ, my brothers 87 Chevy locked x2 on 35's, a rubicon on 33's, a TRD taco on 33's and maybe a TJ locked in the rear on 35's. Your welcome to join if the CR isn't closed. -steve

Where are you guys meeting at...Iam going up on sunday morning..I would like to have someone to ride with...What cb channel will you guys be on?

Looks like TN will be having a tropical storm on Wednesday morning so we may just wait til the weekend. Hope to see you guys up there.

Hey if you guys go becareful at calalenti It is slicker than snot when wet. But it is ok if you like sking with your 4x4.

Just word of mouth, but I heard yesterday that they had put up gates and it was now closed. I hope this isnt true.

lil99tj said:
Just word of mouth, but I heard yesterday that they had put up gates and it was now closed. I hope this isnt true.

I talked to the folks at Callalantee earlier this week because a small group of us were interested in running up there on the 10th. They said it would still be open and to stop by Callalantee for the trail passes just like normal.

yes it will be open but you need to contact me at callalantee to get your trail pass for that day they are having a problem with tresspassers that is why everything is changing plz call minnie at 1 800 730 3459 0r 423.727.5559 thanks minnie

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Aug 29, 2005 11:53 PM
To: callalanteeatv@earthlink.com
Subject: Crackers Neck Closing?

I have heard Crackers Neck is in the process of being sold and may be closing soon. I have a small group that would like to ride there one more time on the weekend of Sept. 10th. Will Crackers Neck still be open that weekend?

Thanks!
Joel

thats cool. just like i said word of mouth. joel i might tag along if you dont mind.

lil99tj said:
thats cool. just like i said word of mouth. joel i might tag along if you dont mind.

You are more than welcome to join us Josh. We should be at Callalantee to get our passes at 10am Saturday Sept. 10th.

Back