covered trailer

sprinkler1228

Going on a road trip and wanted to rent a uhaul trailer for taking the kid and all her stuff. Turns out they will not rent to a ford explorer as pull vechicle. Its a full size 2001 on a truck frame but no dice. Anyone want to let me use thiers or know where I can rent a covered trailer?

I have rented trailers from uhaul with smaller cars then an explorer. You just can't rent their biggest trailer. I hate uhaul but you could try them again. If not I think that go-slow-tow on 64 has covered trailers.

No, u-haul has a company policy. They won't rent to Explorers. Period. It happened right after that whole Firestone mess. They'll rent to Aviators and Navajos and Mountaineers, but not Explorers. Go figure.

If you've got another vehicle, you can always go pick up the trailer with that, then swap at the house.

Wow, that is crazy that Uhaul won't rent to exploders. Of course they did give me a hard time when I rented a car hauler to pull with my 2500 diesel. Didn't think it was enough of a truck to pull a wagon. Had no problem renting to the guy infront of me that had an F150 to pull a van though. They also didn't believe that I was going to tow a 1953 willys wagon because their computer said there isn't such a beast.

problem solved

FYI Triangle Rent a Car 5x8 covered / enclosed trailer.No restrictions. 15.99 a day!!!!! and because no ever rents them they have on in Raleigh just down the street!!!!:bounce:

problem solved

FYI Triangle Rent a Car 5x8 covered / enclosed trailer.No restrictions. 15.99 a day!!!!! and because no ever rents them they have on in Raleigh just down the street!!!!:bounce:

Going on a road trip and wanted to rent a uhaul trailer for taking the kid and all her stuff. Turns out they will not rent to a ford explorer as pull vechicle. Its a full size 2001 on a truck frame but no dice. Anyone want to let me use thiers or know where I can rent a covered trailer?

Still based on a Ranger frame at that point, weren't they? They're practically at GVWR with 2 people and a suitcase.. :p

Still based on a Ranger frame at that point, weren't they? They're practically at GVWR with 2 people and a suitcase.. :p

:D he he he

what is there contact Number I need to rent one next month

Thanks

No its a full size xlt basically on a f150 frame. Big enough to hual around 6000 to 7000 pounds.

Is this an Explorer or Expedition?

The is no such thing as a "full-size" explorer SUV.....it's still based off of the Ranger platform.

The only full-size Explorer is when it was still a option package on the '70's F-series trucks.

Doc

Back