Coronavirus project thread

I know we are supposed to be social distancing but I'd love to come check that thing out and lend a hand if needed on the swap.... you got my number.
Thanks brother. Come on by anytime. I’m still on the hunt for a decent priced T5. I’d love to find a world class T5 but they’s is expensive.

mmmm dats noice! I’ve been on Crackslist a lot lately but have thus far resisted the urge to buy. So far....
Found this one on marketplace. I didn’t have much luck on Craigslist. They’re out there. I’d been searching for months before I found this one.

Found this one on marketplace. I didn’t have much luck on Craigslist. They’re out there. I’d been searching for months before I found this one.

Surprisingly the wife shows me things the finds on marketplace. Thus far I’ve passed on a 99 Lightning and a 95 cobra. Both have the engine out. Tempting but no go but hey the shelter in place movement is young. I should really just work on my NPR project. Really want that on the road.

I mean, we all need a car to work on during the quarantine, right?
2020-03-30.jpg

Decided to reseal my kayak since it like to fill up with water when it would rain. Rod holders didnt have a gasket or anything. The two "dry" compartments had gaskets that were flattened and had tears in them.
5da4ef65cbec2ba28391d2fc02d2098e.jpg
071f080661687661c74a7df18efdb56e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks brother. Come on by anytime. I’m still on the hunt for a decent priced T5. I’d love to find a world class T5 but they’s is expensive.

Skip the world class and go straight to a TKO 500...not the 600 like I did...you want that first gear...

Skip the world class and go straight to a TKO 500...not the 600 like I did...you want that first gear...
I hadn’t thought about the TKO. I’m glad you reminded me. Reason for the T5 is the direct swap. Cross member and driveshaft length are the same. Is the tko a direct fit as well?

I hadn’t thought about the TKO. I’m glad you reminded me. Reason for the T5 is the direct swap. Cross member and driveshaft length are the same. Is the tko a direct fit as well?
Doesn't matter if it needs a little work. T5s suck. WC T5s suck less. It's like "damn, that fat chick is ugly, but her equally fat friend isn't nearly as ugly."

Got more done on the deck. Stairs are done and got one section of railing done. I have about 5-6 more equally sized railing sections to do hopefully tomorrow. The posts don't have any caps yet, I have some lighted caps coming in the mail soon hopefully.
1.jpg

2.jpg

The tko is a t5, built from the factory.....direct bolt in place of a t5.

I bought through American powertrain....they look more expensive at first but by the time you buy a used one then build/rebuild it...

For the same money I've got a 5 year warranty to hold up to 600hp...

The tko is a t5, built from the factory.....direct bolt in place of a t5.

I bought through American powertrain....they look more expensive at first but by the time you buy a used one then build/rebuild it...

For the same money I've got a 5 year warranty to hold up to 600hp...
Good to know. I beat the crap out of my T5 behind a 306 years ago. It held up surprisingly well. I say I’m done beating on my toys and I just want to cruise, but I know what will happen if my arm gets twisted.

Good to know. I beat the crap out of my T5 behind a 306 years ago. It held up surprisingly well. I say I’m done beating on my toys and I just want to cruise, but I know what will happen if my arm gets twisted.
I just want to cruise now too, I'm old.

Then a young kid revs at the old man and I'm seeing triple digits about to grab for 4.....

20200402_212203.jpg
Made this nice sturdy wood panel for the 4runner tailgate. Poly and paint so it wont rot

You say not enough items for the switches. I say nonsense. Roof light bar, hood light bar, front bumper pods, rear bumper pods, rock lights that change colors. Bam! Switches used.
Plus winch switches, one to activate, another for in/out

Decided to make this little landscaping trailer work for a little wider vehicle. I need to go get my 71 Chevy from my folks house. Cut the rails off and im going to make them drop back on similar to stake pockets with angle iron. Ordered some stuff from mcmaster today to make rails to hold the tailgate up.

Also, put the 8274 to use, pulling the truck from it's 20 year old grave.
671de699e8ca75da5b80720ae523aa88.jpg
55ecddd5e753001489d4b4d69f0e935a.jpg
51d9b4157002fc3642827dd56883e16c.jpg
08a5e41a619919f8d31d78d755e8d5df.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Decided to make this little landscaping trailer work for a little wider vehicle. I need to go get my 71 Chevy from my folks house. Cut the rails off and im going to make them drop back on similar to stake pockets with angle iron. Ordered some stuff from mcmaster today to make rails to hold the tailgate up.

Also, put the 8274 to use, pulling the truck from it's 20 year old grave.
671de699e8ca75da5b80720ae523aa88.jpg
55ecddd5e753001489d4b4d69f0e935a.jpg
51d9b4157002fc3642827dd56883e16c.jpg
08a5e41a619919f8d31d78d755e8d5df.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
Is the frame strong enough for a vehicle without the top rails? I always figured those angle iron frame landscape trailers utilized the top rail for strength like a truss since the frame was just angle.

Back