Coronavirus project thread

Took most of the day yesterday, but lift is up. Gotta finish a few little things and level the arms and get it wired.
6C6A40E0-7523-4F7D-A897-A57CD214A24C.jpeg
but @Brownsxj and I were able to work around my TJ, which is good because it has no suspension currently.

Guess what I'm building?
f8b931739185792731e0b3f8308fb6c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My coronavirus project is keep my wife and kids from killing each other for the next 30 days. [emoji51] Ain't going to be easy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's how I feel. I'm kinda jealous of all y'all actually getting things done. I feel like I have less time. When I get off work (walk upstairs instead of a 1 hr commute) we eat dinner then my wife dissapears for a little while. Weekends I feel like I shouldn't be in the shop.

I was planning to weld up my swag body mounts today to get ready for that project, but my mom's yukon oil pressure sensor failed yesterday so I got to change that instead.

Last edited:
Started a new project. Not sure if it will work. Recycling old wood floor from the MIL house to make a modular record shelf.
57478F0E-15DB-45F2-BE0E-19E131B756D5.jpeg

image.jpg

Made a jig out of old angle and flat to clamp the boards at the angle to knock the cut nails out.

Last edited:
I didn't take time to take pics but I stayed at home this past week and worked house instead of going to the beach....thanks to the 'Rona. Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I've pulled this stunt. I like getting shit done and sometimes I have to take a week off to make it happen.

Anyway, the short list was:
  • Unloading three truck beds full of mulch around the house; ~9 cu yds
  • Dig up and transplant liriope to build a border for a flower bed
  • Build a shelf so my little girl can display her Lego creations proudly
  • Pressure wash the house
  • Pick up 16 arborvitae tree/shrubs to build a hedge so my neighbors can quit being pissy that I cut down six trees and destroyed the buffer. Yeah MG, I got it. It ain't got shit to do with your dumbass cutting down the biggest conglomeration of ash trees exposing the whole side of your house. It was the six piddly ass pine trees I cut down that looked like a 40 year old' thinning hair. $800 later you can KMA.
  • Plant some rose bushes
  • Tear bushes out of another flower bed and mulch it over
  • Buy a jon boat so the kids and I can go fishing together
  • Get the underground dog fence working
  • Get the other dog neutered
  • Cut the grass
Things I didn't get done:
  • Install a new radio in my truck
  • Build another Lego minifigure display shelf
  • Wash the truck
  • Install the gooseneck hitch

I didn't take time to take pics but I stayed at home this past week and worked house instead of going to the beach....thanks to the 'Rona. Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I've pulled this stunt. I like getting shit done and sometimes I have to take a week off to make it happen.

Anyway, the short list was:
  • Unloading three truck beds full of mulch around the house; ~9 cu yds
  • Dig up and transplant liriope to build a border for a flower bed
  • Build a shelf so my little girl can display her Lego creations proudly
  • Pressure wash the house
  • Pick up 16 arborvitae tree/shrubs to build a hedge so my neighbors can quit being pissy that I cut down six trees and destroyed the buffer. Yeah MG, I got it. It ain't got shit to do with your dumbass cutting down the biggest conglomeration of ash trees exposing the whole side of your house. It was the six piddly ass pine trees I cut down that looked like a 40 year old' thinning hair. $800 later you can KMA.
  • Plant some rose bushes
  • Tear bushes out of another flower bed and mulch it over
  • Buy a jon boat so the kids and I can go fishing together
  • Get the underground dog fence working
  • Get the other dog neutered
  • Cut the grass
Things I didn't get done:
  • Install a new radio in my truck
  • Build another Lego minifigure display shelf
  • Wash the truck
  • Install the gooseneck hitch

Slacker :D

Got one out of the two flower beds made and in the ground. Put weed cloth on the bottom and stapled it to the 2 by 8s. My mom wanted some type of moisture barrier to help keep the water from draining out. I'm thinking about putting this black plastic down the center. That way it can still drain but retain some moisture.
b8a39bb23d74c6853ce5ff7dbb8ba5e3.jpg
2df068eb214d0d2a4d4d97af0d190221.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Currently getting the following during the time I would usually spend commuting home:

Trail rig:
Cutting my body lift in half. A bunch of other shit was built around it, so this project is a poster child for scope creep. Chopping the rockers & front valence, adjusting fuel tank mounts, steering shaft, it's never ending. I'm either a quarter of the way through or still have 99% to go, no telling.
Upgrading to an electric fan, upgrading the alternator to power the fan, and revising the alt bracketry to support the larger alt. 75% done with this.
If I get those done I'm going to start the new rear bumper. Currently a well designed and sturdy swing out that Metalwerx did for me, but I'd like something lighter and simpler. This pig is too fat.

Around the house:
Installed new flush front soft/self close drawers and cabinet doors on the kitchen island, and we have the rest of the kitchen coming now that we are confident that we can do it
Painted the new shed
Trying to keep my crabgrass trimmed
Getting driveway extension quotes

Got this pile of wood, it will eventually be a table.
Im still working full time from home, plus dealing w keeping kids busy so there's no bonus tine for projects.
2020-03-30 20.26.25.jpg

Last edited:
Friends got the keys to their new house yesterday. Me and my buddy worked about 7 pm-3 am last night on bringing the walls out of the early 90s. Living room was floor to ceiling in green velvet.

711D457E-F7EB-443D-86AF-BB4034DA196F.jpeg
EC15F4E4-6A2F-4AFB-8D76-077A5675D2F2.jpeg
24BC65AF-1137-4C0B-8060-2B3D71107599.jpeg
8D06EF4F-DC63-4350-AC3B-7CAF35D3986D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back