Coronavirus project thread

Been getting a slight mildew smell out of the AC vents in my truck so decided to do something about it today. Ordered some BG Frigi fresh coil cleaner and freshener for the problem. The way the drain comes out right behind the engine block meant I had to remove passenger tire and inner fender. Ran a wire up the drain to make sure nothing was blocking the drain then used the Frigi fresh foam coil cleaner and then the vent freshener. Also cleaned out 15 years worth of debris from between the inner fender and fender.
EFFB9CD1-706B-4E9C-A203-ED69CF7EC77A.jpeg
8EFBB08E-FE9E-4E5B-A412-7C43AD872803.jpeg
CECBC46E-105C-43D4-9D63-8D55683C5929.jpeg

Did a project this morning that I've been meaning to get to since we moved in -- almost 2 years now. Got both the grills plumbed up to the house propane tank. No more swapping out 20# cylinders and no more fiddling with cheap grill regulators and dirt dobbers.

When we built, I had gas ports put on the patio for grills, and on the screen porch for a heater. Only needed to put in a tee, cutoff valve, some quick-connects, and hoses (braided stainless).

Now, if I can just remember to always turn the grill off after it burns the crud off.

Now, if I can just remember to always turn the grill off after it burns the crud off.
If you don't forget to turn it off, you're not a man! :lol: I usually remember, at least half the time, sometimes, for the most part.

Lies. This is just Matt trying to get people to burn their own houses down!
But it ain't! The wife will say " did you turn the grill off?" To which I reply "of course!" As I sneakily think of a way to go out and turn it off without her noticing :D

For those who have followed and liked my posts about my building, build. I apologize. I keep forgetting to take pictures, but they will follow. Since my last post(I think) I have managed to get more grading done, to add more to the right-side of my building, and to fix the front to where I have a decent transition to get a vehicle into my shop. I have also got gravel down from the shop to my drive way. It didn't spread well, so had to have a friend with a lil tractor come and spread it for me. Looks good, but, it does need more. There are some thin spots. While he was here with his lil tractor, he used his back hoe, and dug my ditch for my power from home to shop. He even helped me measure for how much of the 2.0 cable I am gonna need (118') and yes, plenty added in for a good buffer. Oh, I forgot to mention, I also sewed a half a bag of contractors blend on my bare dirt, and put out fertilizer and lime too.
Which brings us to today. This morning @josh$$ , @Paul , and @BigSouth all came up and put my 10K lift up in my shop. I wouldn't have happened without their help. My hats off with great appreciation for these guys for all they did to make this happen! I can't wait till I get power run and get rid of the drop cords!

Pics to follow, at some point!

Started widening an area in my shop. If i pull a vehicle in, i can't open the doors if i don't park it just right. Opening up 1 ft on the left and 2 ft on thre right. Removing the 2x10 header and double 2x4's. Adding a 6" i beam to replace it. It really makes a huge difference!
cd9eb27740245c54dbcfd43326b75d87.jpg
7d9812cc8b9612ec2ae54cc3197c5d85.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

2-2-2-4 Aluminum Mobile Home Feeder Cable

Supports 90A and ships out of CLT. Pulls easy in a 2" conduit.

I have not checked sLowe's price yet, but yes, that's what I am planning on using. Depending also on price, may go smaller on the conduit, Not planning on pulling it, gonna lay it out and slide the conduit over the cable. Most likely be doing it alone.

grading 1.jpg
lower ditch.jpg

Shop driveway.jpg
upper ditch and grading.jpg

The pic of the grading, used to have a bank there that was very difficult to mow, now, when the grass comes in, the rider will be able to handle it. In the pic of the lower part of my ditch you see firewood on the ground, and in my old truck, there is also two more truck loads not here yet. In the middle of the building stuff, I was given the wood from a big Oak tree. So yesterday afternoon till dark, and then this morning till about 3:30, we got it worked up. My friend and his wife, and my neighbor work last night. At one time, we had three saws running getting it cut up. Then today, My friend and his wife, AND another couple friend of theirs, 5 of us, finished working it up. Pieces were too big and heavy to load and bring it here, so I took my splitter down there and I split, they kept it rolled to me, and loaded it. Today was three truck loads, stacked, not thrown in the trucks!
Tomorrow, back to the building I hope. My plan is to at least get the cable ran if not also hooked up.

I have not checked sLowe's price yet, but yes, that's what I am planning on using. Depending also on price, may go smaller on the conduit, Not planning on pulling it, gonna lay it out and slide the conduit over the cable. Most likely be doing it alone.

It's about .35/lf more at Lowe's last I looked.

And then you have to go to Lowe's.

If you don't forget to turn it off, you're not a man! :lol: I usually remember, at least half the time, sometimes, for the most part.
To prevent this, I usually just give it a quick scrape when I'm done, then cut it off. Then do the burn-clean the next time I start up. B/c that gets rid of teh spiders that have accumulated in the intervening time too.

if you have enough rope on your winch, pull it out into the conduit, and use the winch to pull the cable back through.

Or pull a rope through the conduit, stick a spare wheel on the jeep and tie the rope to the wheel. Use the engine to drag it in.

Or just tie to rope off to the truck bumper, but doesnt look like you may have enough room to to that.

if you have enough rope on your winch, pull it out into the conduit, and use the winch to pull the cable back through.

Or pull a rope through the conduit, stick a spare wheel on the jeep and tie the rope to the wheel. Use the engine to drag it in.

Or just tie to rope off to the truck bumper, but doesnt look like you may have enough room to to that.

Yeah, I could do that, but, why? the cable is going to be all laid out anyway. So sliding the conduit over it is just plain easy. That's how I did my small building. slide everything onto it, make sure I have enough for the bends and up into my breaker box, then start gluing. I see no reason for making it more difficult, riging and so on. This way, If it's a one man operation, one man can handle it.

It shouldn't be that hard to pull... and if it is, I'd worry that whatever was gumming up the works was also stripping the insulation off.

Yeah, I could do that, but, why? the cable is going to be all laid out anyway. So sliding the conduit over it is just plain easy. That's how I did my small building. slide everything onto it, make sure I have enough for the bends and up into my breaker box, then start gluing. I see no reason for making it more difficult, riging and so on. This way, If it's a one man operation, one man can handle it.

Completely forgot that you were likely using stick pipe. I am used to working with rolled pipe at work, which would be a workout to install like you are suggesting.

It shouldn't be that hard to pull... and if it is, I'd worry that whatever was gumming up the works was also stripping the insulation off.

I dont disagree, but some peoples definition of hard or exhausting is more than others.

Fire ban lifted. Unfortunately I didn’t find out the day it happened.
75BAE446-5610-4ABE-A921-89C9D2665B50.jpeg

Today was the first mowing day of the season. Took the box blade off tater chip (Kubota B2400), then serviced the mid mount deck (sharpen blades, grease spindles, wheels, & driveshaft), and got it put on. Then about two hours to mow everything.

Also got to clean shop for a couple of hours. Trying to do a little every day to get it straight.

Back