So not that pretty much everything has gotten canceled with my kids, I have a lot of free time to work on projects. The deck on our house has been screwed up since we moved in. Someone built the deck right against the threshold so it has rotted out the back doors. I decided to lower it about 4.5" to get it away from it. Plus make it bigger, because everyone like a big deck. Last week I picked up a load of wood from @Jody Treadway and this weekend I dug into it. Friday we did a tear down which continued into Saturday morning. By Saturday afternoon we were on full rebuild mode. Part of the deck is a little screened in area, but whoever built the deck did a pretty poor job and the one side was bolted to the side of the deck with four lag bolts, two of which weren't even touching anything. It has been slowly dropping down on that side so I had to shore it up. Three posts, support beams and a bunch of concrete and I got that back in place. Luckily they built the deck sloped, so the screened in area had sank down to the point it was level so that was convenient. Yesterday I had to dig 7 more post holes for the supports for the new larger deck and got those all squared up and concreted in along with mostly set the crossbeams for the decking. Hopefully tonight I can get the support beams bolted in and the new crossbeams done so I can start laying down the decking. Oh, and I need to dig three more post holes. Teardown pic. It was a bitch, but both my boys and my wife helped. I'll try and get some more pics as I start putting it together.