Copper Crawler buggy build

The grill opening looks rolls roycish. Cool!

Alrite peoples, question, trying to clear fenders at full twist/ full lock; anyone have any debates about dropping belly pan ride height from 22" to 19-20" and moving wheel base to 119-120"? Currently full bump belly 15-16" and would b changed to 13-14"' running 42" Swamper. Or should I put a wheel space on em.

sent from HTC Droid on tapatalk

Jack it up man!I don't think wider is better.Could ya cut the fenders any to gain what you need.Maybe just a little?I like the idea with the wheelbase at 120",but I do drive a limo so...Make it 122" and forget about it:D

Curious... how you going to mend the bumper back together? Plastic weld? seen cracks fixed and the bigger they are the less chance of them holding.

It'd look awesome if you just screwed the :poop: on haha.

Looks great Matt. . .Keep up the great work.

progress

finally made some headway today. got the front frame section raised for axle clearance, winch mount almost completed, and tow points installed. still much to do.

winch mock up, had to go with the 9.0 rc for clearance, it is much shorter in length than most full sizes.
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerbuild3061.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerbuild3067.jpg

frame cut to be raised
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerbuild3069.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerbuild3070.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerbuild3088.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerbuild3087.jpg

ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerbuild3086.jpg

more to come tomorrow night, takning monday and tuesday off from my business to get some more progress done; bought a new building (20x50) so wanna get this to paint status so can work on getting new building up for final construction of buggy and other projects.

Lookin great Matt, can't wait to see it in action!!!!! :driver:

so you reach thru the grill opening to engage/disengage the freespool on the winch? nice

awesome dude. knew it would be. let me know if you want a turbo for that thing. trying to start a knew fade.

Thats rite, thru grill or drivers wheel opening. Bugatti, thats cool, my buddies and I been trying figure out what it reminds us of.lol, we got rolls royce, bugatti, shelby cobra, 70's camaro/firebird. no one knows its a charger till they ask.

I got it....... EDSEL!!!!! Just kiddin. Looks good man!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This will be interesting to see completed. All our offroading lives we have made fun of the TRARs of the world.... Yet here is one that is really bringing the badassery!!!

Looks great man, and hat's off to you for breaking the mold.

yep, batmobile seems to be the most recurring joke in my shop!

thanks tim, but think i'll skip the turbo, already twisting DOM driveshafts with current setup, plus space is at a premium as you well know. but damn sure can't wait to hear both of your turbo props spool up!!:bounce2:

appreciate all the comps guys, cant wait get this jewel on the rocks, and some go fast stuff, hehe.:beer:

Back