Cool 71 suburban

Something like that with no engine or trans and just a few grand cheaper is what I would love to buy to start a custom row rig project.

IMG_1067.JPG

For when it gets taken down. $6800 asking price.

That's a crazy price... 2k max

Cool idea. Maybe you could call it a blazer

I didn't know there were blazers from that generation.. I'm not sure I've ever seen one.

Actually, from looking up pictures apparently I did know that. It didn't occur to me with the top in place, because I don't usually see those with the top on.. I don't want the removable top.

Last edited:
I seem to remember chevy had a proto type in the mid 60s but dont think they called it the blazer. The first gen blazers (69 on) were based on the trck and rushed into production to compete with the early broncos. Guess til then they hadnt felt threatened by jeeps or scouts. or maybe just didnt want ford to make any money in that market?

We had a 72 from probably 76 til i traded it off in 90 for a 70 cutlass s. Never had the top off in all those years.

I seem to remember chevy had a proto type in the mid 60s but dont think they called it the blazer. The first gen blazers (69 on) were based on the trck and rushed into production to compete with the early broncos. Guess til then they hadnt felt threatened by jeeps or scouts. or maybe just didnt want ford to make any money in that market?

We had a 72 from probably 76 til i traded it off in 90 for a 70 cutlass s. Never had the top off in all those years.
they had a panel van/wagon from the 30s til 66. Could get it with or without rear/side windows. Also had a 2dr burb in the early 60s. It was basically the same but had a rear seat and fold down seats.

Not sure there was a 4wd version until 69/70, other than conversions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the suburban name was used at some point in the 30s. Napco was the major "aftermarket 4x4" set up thru the 50s. They were started in the late teens doing conversions. Gmc went in house in 1960 i think.

Actually i seem to remember almost buying a 57 burb one time probabaly ten years ago. Had 7 55 to 59 pickups at that time but forget why i didnt buy it.

also the above post was refering to the development of the blazer not suburban.

Just noticed the seat behind the driver doesn't have a door. 2 doors on passenger side, only one on drives side...thought that's odd. Kind of like a first gen Dodge Caravan.

I didn't know there were blazers from that generation.. I'm not sure I've ever seen one.

Actually, from looking up pictures apparently I did know that. It didn't occur to me with the top in place, because I don't usually see those with the top on.. I don't want the removable top.

638055d1323299244-mild-wheeler-dd-72-blazer-build-th_2352.jpg

Back