Cl find of the day

1974 CJ5 JEEP

1974 CJ5 JEEP

I thought at first the price was a typo, but when I saw it again in the body of the ad I knew the guy was serious. Folks are mighty proud of CJ’s and wranglers these days. I should have kept my old CJ for a retirement plan.
How do you invest 17K in a orig paint,3 speed,wagon wheeled CJ???

If you're asking about that mud toy, I think it's a Gremlin. Hard to tell from the single side pic
00404_hb1hUhAjo3C_600x450.jpg

What happened to that cherokee chief? The ad is deleted. Did someone save it?

Just noticed he changed the price. It was $10,000.

I'd be happy as can be to get 7k out of my '73...much less 10k. HEI, OBA, 4 wheel discs, T18a, etc, etc, etc....

97 f350 2door centurion edition diesel bronco

It’s cool and all, but not $32,000 cool. I will say, that’s the first 7.3 bronco I’ve seen.

He’s about $25k too high. Can snag a 92-96 7.3 Bronco for $6-10k pretty easily in the Bronco groups. And the centurion stuff generally has a lower premium than Centurion stuff because the Centurions are notorious for horse shit splices and rust/crack prone at every single cut/splice/weld point.

Edit...and I’ll also say, I never really understood a 7.3 swap in any gas ford from that era (or even earlier) anyway...unless you’re not keeping it stock. But then again, I never understood the stock 460 swap crowd either. Being a half ton, can’t really utilize the benefit of a diesel, you’re a red flag for an overweight ticket. And the 7.3’s had the same power as a stock 460. So you’re spending a lot of money to pick up 4-5mpg’s.

Last edited:
Cool radial arm saw. always wanted one. IDK why I'm not a wood worker just thought it might make life easier.... Of course I have not spare cash for such a toy right now..... On a side note. How do you crack a rock jock housing? Is that aluminum or case steel? NM Duh...... Need more coffee....

Also, buy some of my junk that's listed on CL:
charlotte for sale - craigslist

For a split second I thought "It would be hilarious to flag all of his posts...then I thought, that's a D-bag move, I'd be so annoyed if someone did that to me".

Then I thought, "I'll just post that I was going to flag them and let one of the resident D-bags run with the idea...then it would be hilarious again".

:D

Serious question for you welding gurus. Could that aluminum rock jock housing be fixed to where it would hold up for any amount of time?
@WARRIORWELDING
Depends on how bad/deep the crack is. I'd say it would be possible top repair it but you'd need to truss the housing to further prevent cracking.

To be honest, I'd just replace the center with a new iron housing from Currie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I called Currie and they did not recommend repairing it. They said they would sell me an iron Rockjock housing for a discount, and I would go that route of I had time and had something to put it in.

Serious question for you welding gurus. Could that aluminum rock jock housing be fixed to where it would hold up for any amount of time?
@WARRIORWELDING
I just saw this. All aluminum welding anneals the surounding area. So for example T6 type aluminum is made softer and more ductile when welded. Any heat treatable aluminum weldments must be post treated to regain strength. Otherwise weldments should be designed with this factor in mind. IE over engineer. That's why structural aluminum things like trailers are pure beef compared to steel counterparts of the same load bearing. I honestly am suprised they offered such. As an example Ford Explorer Aluminum housing can get tweaked by jacking up the rear end by them.

I honestly am suprised they offered such. As an example Ford Explorer Aluminum housing can get tweaked by jacking up the rear end by them.
Also, Jeep has had aluminum housing D44's in the back of Grand Cherokee's since the 90's.

Back