Cl find of the day

I have to give him some credit. It looks like he made something decent out of a Thornbird.
Yes he did. I'll be the first to admit that tsl looks rather sexy as well. If he wasn't so far away I'd be half tempted to bring him a set.

Yes he did. I'll be the first to admit that tsl looks rather sexy as well. If he wasn't so far away I'd be half tempted to bring him a set.
So here's what I'm wondering though. By the time you get some Thornbirds and then pay for this grooving, couldn't you just buy a better tire to start off with?

Seems to me this is more practical for old tires that are close to bald. But then you're really pushing it on cutting down close to the belts.

So here's what I'm wondering though. By the time you get some Thornbirds and then pay for this grooving, couldn't you just buy a better tire to start off with?

Seems to me this is more practical for old tires that are close to bald. But then you're really pushing it on cutting down close to the belts.
Not only that, say Jim Bob wants a set of 44" swampers grooved and Mr fuller accidentally slices to deep and ruins the tire, hell be out $500-600 to replace it! :eek:

429 4v for sale. The built in air compressor is a cool touch. 380 hp if I'm not mistaken.
429 ford v8 engine

429 4v for sale. The built in air compressor is a cool touch. 380 hp if I'm not mistaken.
429 ford v8 engine

That's not terribly desirable though, right? Cool motor, but different than a car 429. I might be wrong, I'm not a Ford guy, but I feel like a Ford friend told me this once when some asshat sold him some truck 429 pistons that he said were car ones.

This isn't a GOOD find...more of a "You done lost yo mind fool?" kinda find

50k miles on a 2003 mall crawler with Rockstars for $25k? I'll pass. You'll lose thousands in value the first time it touches dirt. I don't know about Jersey, but Rockstars aren't a selling point in my eyes. How do you have a Smittybuilt winch but black painted wheels without a single scratch on them?

Last edited:
That's not terribly desirable though, right? Cool motor, but different than a car 429. I might be wrong, I'm not a Ford guy, but I feel like a Ford friend told me this once when some asshat sold him some truck 429 pistons that he said were car ones.
I'm not sure either. I looked up 4v 429 and got some info on them. Vague at best.
Still think it'd be cool in a trail rig. Talk about a stellar onboard air!

That's a big truck engine. They are different. I can't tell you what the differences are anymore, but they are quite different indeed.

That's an industrial 429. The rods are sought after for their extra thickness and webbing. The cylinder bores are thicker and usually go 0.080 over easily. The cranks are forged. The compression chambers of the heads make ratios somewhere in the 8 or 9:1 range making them easier to work with for a street motor compared to 11:1 for car motors. There's some nodular items such as exhaust manifolds and 4 bbl intakes. Bottom line, these SOB's are very expensive to rebuild and HEAVIER THAN HELL!

Ok, I've never looked into these but I can see it now. Still 3k is a lot to me, lol

Couldn't decide on CL find or douche mobile

1999 Dodge Ram 2500

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160113_600e8717166e8ac8d0da8aa607e85a76.jpg

I think you can buy an OnStar module for any vehicle... Maybe?

Not a CL ad but a review I found while looking on a commercial truck dealer website in statesville, lol

• A Yahoo Local User05/23/2011
    been in three shops in 2 weeks my big boar runnin like its nuts wuz cut off that wildman stevie massuh got that thang runnin no sweat me and my bro star back on the road in no time flat that dude needs a raise

Back