Cl find of the day

I see three problems

1)They spelled "Old" wrong, so that adds $4k

2) It says "Raleigh", so that adds $4k

3) It says "Village" so that adds $5k

And seriously, he says "it's not a typo" then spells out the price in capital letters. Isn't that that rich yuppie for "I know what I got" and "don't lowball me"?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Although this can be shifted from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive (high/low), I don't know if my father ever took it out of 2wd.

Someone should contact him and say it is recommended to engage 4wd every few months to lubricate parts, and since he didn't, it is ruined. Then offer him $1,600.

Although this can be shifted from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive (high/low), I don't know if my father ever took it out of 2wd.

Someone should contact him and say it is recommended to engage 4wd every few months to lubricate parts, and since he didn't, it is ruined. Then offer him $1,600.
You said in your post that the four wheel drive has never been used. As a former Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram technician, I can say that the manufacturer recommends shifting the four wheel drive in, and running it a minimum of one mile, at least twice a year to make sure all parts and piece stay in proper working condition, and all parts stay properly lubricated.

Seeings as how this jeep has never been shifted into and out of four wheel drive, and there is a vacuum actuator system used on these model Jeep vehicles, it is due to a lack of proper vehicle maintenance that this vehicle IN FACT has a four wheel drive system that has either all ready failed, or is prone to failure within the first couple of usages, if not the very first. Garage kept or not, this system is problematic at best under normal usage, so complete and total lack of usage over thirty plus years has led to a completely and totally unreliable system that I would not trust for ten feet much less the ten miles I would have to drive in a snowy condition.

Therefore, due to the LACK of proper maintenance, and the Complete and TOTAL lack of trust in this vehicle to transport myself and my family SAFELY, not to mention the Exorbitant amount or money it will cost me to have every system of this vehicle completely diagnosed and repaired, I can only comfortably offer you a maximum of $1,450 for the vehicle.

DONE [emoji16]

@Jody Treadway don't rip me too bad on what I said, YES I was a tech, no I don't remember what was recommended, but I generally tried to get people to do it in the fall a couple times so it would fail before they needed it not when they needed it.

I'm pretty sure that vehicle wasn't $16k new off the lot.

Douches response

Any one else think hes lying through his teeth? Well, keyboard?
6d441459b820a0f6a2faf96f37f8abba.jpg

Douches response

Sounds nice and honest enough. Can't blame a guy for trying to get the most out of it, right?

Douches response

I'm curious where they are finding these $16k Cherokees on ClassicCars b/c I sure don't see any.

I'm curious where they are finding these $16k Cherokees on ClassicCars b/c I sure don't see any.

Hell I don't see but five listed. One is his, and it's higher than the others put together. He should take the 10k and laugh all the way to bank with it.

Duane

More importantly why are they looking on a classic car site for pricing?? It's not a classic OR a car.

Back