Cl find of the day

Sorry, that falls in the skinny tire, wide rims on a truck category for me. I think the big front tires look rediculous.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Geez. Someone needs to jump on this. Built FJ40 for only $9,000
77 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser, 350 Chevy, 39.5 TSL Swampers

I was the second owner and sold that FJ to him in 85, it still sports the original paint. I bought it for $700 w a shackle lift,33s ,3 speed and a spun rod bearing.Not having a garage and winter, Dad and I removed the motor and tore it down in the driveway. We assembled the motor in the den in the back of the house and w help from 2 neighbors carried it out the front door chained to a 4x4! On the maiden voyage the damn motor seized after 3 miles, rear main bearings were welded to the crank. Motor Bearings had screwed up. I told dad I thought it was too hard to turn the crank after we had the block assembled, before we installed the head but he said it would break in. We had to pull the motor again/remove the crank etc/machine and rebuild the bottom again. MB re-machined the crank for free and gave us a bunch of free stuff after their fook up. Then it ran like a beast and I drove it for a year and 1/2. I almost did a backflip climbing a steep hill @ the old Buckhorn power plant. When It pointed to the sky I stomped the clutch and rolled back out of the flip, only to have the front spin around and almost rolled it as it fell back down the hill. Lot's of fun and the ladies loved it too. I wish I still had it but it was not practical or safe to drive back and forth from home and Goldsboro/WCC.

Last edited:
I was the second owner and sold that FJ to him in 85, it still sports the original paint. I bought it for $700 w a shackle lift,33s ,3 speed and a spun rod bearing.Not having a garage and winter, Dad and I removed the motor and tore it down in the driveway. We assembled the motor in the den in the back of the house and w help from 2 neighbors carried it out the front door chained to a 4x4! On the maiden voyage the damn motor seized after 3 miles, rear main bearings were welded to the crank. Motor Bearings had screwed up. I told dad I thought it was too hard to turn the crank after we had the block assembled, before we installed the head but he said it would break in. We had to pull the motor again/remove the crank etc/machine and rebuild the bottom again. MB re-machined the crank for free and gave us a bunch of free stuff after their fook up. Then it ran like a beast and I drove it for a year and 1/2. I almost did a backflip climbing a steep hill @ the old Buckhorn power plant. When It pointed to the sky I stomped the clutch and rolled back out of the flip, only to have the front spin around and almost rolled it as it fell back down the hill. Lot's of fun and the ladies loved it too. I wish I still had it but it was not practical or safe to drive back and forth from home and Goldsboro/WCC.

Well I was wrong, mine was the same color, sold in 85, but it was a 72, 3 spd. It did not have the wing windows in the back. I sold it to a guy I went to highschool with and he had a Chevy V8 in it 2 years later, he also did a lot of customizing/lifting,locking and I thought it must have been the same one when I saw the add.

Not sure why...but i like this.

https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-volkswagen-golf-country/6588298184.html

81E6F6F3-E460-4816-92DD-9D8AD67365E2.jpeg

<---- Dafuq? When did that happen?

Lack of AC is a killer for me. Either that, or the fact that my wife would probably refuse to ride anywhere with me. :D
Wait, are you sayings that's a problem? For me that'd be a bonus.

Back