Chop top XJ..with Exo cage... End to an Era..

Always liked the chopped out rear. Been wanting to do that to the ZJ, but I doubt I'll ever get to that project.

I had thoughts of trying to fit the whole lift gate in the back like you did with your half lift gate.

Very nice!

here are 2 pics showing the lock inside the tailgate

100_2089.jpg

100_2090.jpg

and her are 2 pics of the inside.. you can see I did not get all the inside panels screwed back in, but they all fit except for 2..

100_2092.jpg

100_2088.jpg

Hmm.... i can't remember... aren't the shoulder seatbelt mounts on that C-pillar? Did you have to take tthem out?

It looks good. Now let's see some action shots. :)

oh trust me I want to go.. but I guess I will be a responsible dad for a little while :)

Hmm.... i can't remember... aren't the shoulder seatbelt mounts on that C-pillar? Did you have to take tthem out?

well they actually mounted to the roof behind the c pillar.. when i put the cage in I will be attaching them to the cage with tabs.. so they will go back in and work.. but for now the center one still works :)

maybe a fold down tailgate with integrated tailights? might not be enough room if you plan on keeping a full spare though..
or a swing away samurai style and put the spare on that.
just an idea...looks great as is

Well I am back at it.. :)

Jph0913 and myself spent 3 hrs thursday, and then today jph0913, thegriz, thecarman, bsrober, and myself spent about 9 hrs and we got almost my entire exo cage done..

we need to finish weld the top cross bars in, the bottom windsheild bar, and then make a bar for windshielf from top to bottom.. then after I get some new suspension seats I will be adding the B pillar support inside the cab.

I will get better pics once I get my camera over there.. but here are a few from my cell phone.

IMG00012-20081219-1637.jpg

IMG00009-20081219-1636.jpg

IMG00014-20081219-2050.jpg

IMG00015-20081219-2156.jpg

nice. looks really good. keep the pics coming!:beer:

well I hope to get it all painted up tomorrow.. so if I get the time I will get some better pics also..

getting ready to do mine but I dont think the gf will get me dom tube for xmas. hopfully will get enough money to do it. i really like the roof design!!:beer:

Well today we got everything welded up and then painted it.. no pics of it without plastic, as it got to dark

here are a few pics:

me welding on hood
100_4181.jpg

before paint
100_4185.jpg

100_4184.jpg

100_4188.jpg

100_4187.jpg

we rapped the jeep in plastic and then painted it.. I still need to do a little touch up in a few areas..

next is to get some suspension seats and make a "B" pillar support bar inside the cab

100_4192.jpg

100_4191.jpg

100_4190.jpg

Looks great, how do you plan on mounting the new seats.

not 100% sure yet..

1st is to try to get concrete floor done in shop, then buy seats and figure all that out :)

Looking great man.

Just a thought. Do you think there is enough support for the corner above the rear wheels. Thought about running a bar around the rear wheel well to help with bracing?

Back