Chevy truck engine swap around Hickory

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
Anyone desire to swap a stock 5.3 in a 2002 Chevy truck in and around Hickory area or even Denver? It’s my father’s work truck

truck has almost 400k miles, so an affordable option is the desire. Don’t need to spend a lot on the swap because it’s a work truck and high miles.

anyone want to tackle this? I’d do it but I’m 4 hours away, so I can’t.

I could see Bob and Fuller getting along well.
He’d definitely feed him for his troubles :D
Bump for a hand for a great dude

Town and Country Tire might do it. Call Jason Lackey.

Several mechanic shops we’ve talked to want to charge their typical hourly rates to swap it out. Was really hoping to find a weekend warrior/shade tree mechanic that wanted to tackle this for cash. :D

with the age of truck, it barely makes sense to do even the most budget friendly swap.

Bob says the mechanics said it’s a crank bearing. Was the CPS then fixed it and it immediately sounded rough like it spun a bearing. At almost 400k miles, it’s done well so far without any major issues

Has he talked to David Minton in granite?

As Ron said, @marty79 might be interested
Thanks Ben but I gotta get back to that table now that I'm done with your truck and I have some jobs already on back burner waiting

I can tow it to my shop, then you can take a couple day vacation head here and we can pull it. I actually have a built for boost 5.3 with complete fuel system, ecm, wiring turbos and all bolted to a built 4l80 sitting on a stand waiting to go into something, how fast does he like to go?

I can tow it to my shop, then you can take a couple day vacation head here and we can pull it. I actually have a built for boost 5.3 with complete fuel system, ecm, wiring turbos and all bolted to a built 4l80 sitting on a stand waiting to go into something, how fast does he like to go?
:lol:

he drives like a grandpa

Back