Check your tires

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
On Friday, I counted eleven vehicles on the side of the road missing a trailer tire or two.

Damn your telling me.... I checked my wifes car. 1 was low, 2 were really low and 1 was dangerously low... 'why is my front end shaking'

I felt like a dumbass...I put a NoSlip in the rear of my XJ a few weeks ago. First test drive, I was surprised how bad it drove. Dunno what happened, usually I am pretty good about keeping tabs on tire pressures. When I finally checked the tire pressures, one rear was at 17psi. Later I found a screw in the tread.

I just replaced my trailer tires last week, and I'm damn glad that I did. Trailer tires often see so few miles that the tread doesn't wear out, but the side walls are all dry rotted and nasty. One of my old tires was dry rotted so badly that it had a 1/4" wide crack in the outer layer of sidewall rubber, yet still held air. I couldn't believe that thing didn't blow out with 90 psi in it. Lucky I guess.

Pulling the skidsteer last weekend, I stopped for fuel, felt the trailer tires, and noticed a tumor and hiss in the warmest tire. Replaced it with the dryrotted spare, and bought 4 new tires on monday.

Back