Charlotte or Raleigh/Durham area shop needed

91yota

looking for a shop that is capable of back-halfing a truck for me.... prefer something in the charlotte area, will consider the raleigh/durham area... looking to cut off the frame behind the cab and supplement it with some nice tube work, possibly going inside the cab for an interior cage.... wanting to get the ball rolling so that i can work with the company on design and start on the job around the first of the year...

basics on the truck--
91 toyota reg cab
will have dual cases- would like to retain stock driveline length (stretch wheelbase 6" or so with tube framing)
solid frame to start with
retain stock rear springs for stock height after mods
will do my own SAS

Looking for a full service shop that can handle a project with these requirements... time is not a huge issue as it is not my DD

heres a crappy pic of what im looking to do, minus leaving the back of the cab open...
OGSCE-reartoyframe.jpg

thanks in advance

Crolina Rock Shop or Rockmonkey 4x4 could do it... First 2 that come to mind...

91yota said:
time is not a huge issue as it is not my DD

Whoever you wind up going with will LOVE you for this... Everyone else seems to want it done in a weekend... ;)

Give me a shout at the shop. We will be happy to help you out with it.
It is no problem at all. We can do it either way you want to.

Andy

Wow!!! Looks Crazy!!!!!

91yota said:
looking for a shop that is capable of back-halfing a truck for me.... prefer something in the charlotte area, will consider the raleigh/durham area... looking to cut off the frame behind the cab and supplement it with some nice tube work, possibly going inside the cab for an interior cage.... wanting to get the ball rolling so that i can work with the company on design and start on the job around the first of the year...

basics on the truck--
91 toyota reg cab
will have dual cases- would like to retain stock driveline length (stretch wheelbase 6" or so with tube framing)
solid frame to start with
retain stock rear springs for stock height after mods
will do my own SAS

Looking for a full service shop that can handle a project with these requirements... time is not a huge issue as it is not my DD

heres a crappy pic of what im looking to do, minus leaving the back of the cab open...
OGSCE-reartoyframe.jpg

thanks in advance
I would look at BLACKOUTAUTOSPORTS in Raleigh to see what ideas they have. Those couple guys make some SICK and SWEET stuff. Check out the website at www.flexedout.com Take care man and good luck no matter which way you go!!!!!!

KRAWLER :D

zubz said:
Give me a shout at the shop. We will be happy to help you out with it.
It is no problem at all. We can do it either way you want to.

Andy

going to register it this week and get it on the road first... might swing by one day next week on my "lunch break" and let you take a look at it... let me know what time would be good/when you normally take your lunch and i can work around that... im right over by the airport off of west blvd so maybe a 10-15min drive to get there :D

and BTW thanks!

91yota said:
going to register it this week and get it on the road first... might swing by one day next week on my "lunch break" and let you take a look at it... let me know what time would be good/when you normally take your lunch and i can work around that... im right over by the airport off of west blvd so maybe a 10-15min drive to get there :D

and BTW thanks!

No prob dude, We typically go to lunch between 11:30 and 12:30 but that changes from day to day. Give me a shout and let me know what day you want to swing by and we can talk. You are only 10-15 min from us depending on traffic.

Andy

Back