Changed oil&fuel filters truck hard to start

YellowjeepCj

I have a 2003 f250 6.0 with 218k miles. I had my oil and fuel filters changed this morning. I used Motorcraft filters. When I went to lunch today the truck was hard to start, same at quitting time. Turns over fine I have new batteries. It seams like it is not getting fuel but will start after some cranking. I did notice the tech had to replace the o ring on the engine fuel filter as he cut the first one ( yes I watched him it appeared he got it the second time). I am guessing the cap is not seated on the fuel filter or the o ring is cut but I have no fuel leaks. If I cycle the key three times it starts fine. If it sits for 20 min or so it is hard to start without cycling the key. Anybody have other ideas to fix problem?

I would certainly say that there is air in the fuel cartridge area, but it should have worked its way out by driving, so I guess it would seem that something was not installed properly, and you should take it back to them and have them check over everything asap!

Got it fixed. O ring was sliced down on the frame rail under the drivers seat allowing fuel to drain and air to be sucked in.

Back