Chains or straps

@Curtis_H talked me into a set of these. And they are the ticket. I know full chains have their places. But this setup allows you to have enough chain to prevent straps running. Plenty of chain to loop around axles or stake pockets
When I replace the Strap type I have these are on my go to list.

Watch Marketplace for chains/binders. I found a good deal on a bunch of stuff on there. A flatbed operator was swapping out all his stuff. I got a bunch of 5/16” chains, binders (snap and ratchet), and a bunch of 4” winch straps all for pretty cheap.

Watch Marketplace for chains/binders. I found a good deal on a bunch of stuff on there. A flatbed operator was swapping out all his stuff. I got a bunch of 5/16” chains, binders (snap and ratchet), and a bunch of 4” winch straps all for pretty cheap.
Nah, he’s just kidding. There’s never any good deals on there. Y’all go buy new stuff so me and @Hokie_YJ can buy it off ya cheap down the road :D

I always have and still use chains and binders on my tractors and Jeep when I tow. On the Jeepster i go over the pumpkin and under the axle on each side and back or forward to the trailer sides. I use this type of binder
1706498550099.jpeg

On equipment I chain them down as needed

@Curtis_H talked me into a set of these. And they are the ticket. I know full chains have their places. But this setup allows you to have enough chain to prevent straps running. Plenty of chain to loop around axles or stake pockets
Bought a set just like them off NC4x4 years ago (6' long, single use from some tractor importer) and LOVE them. As said, chain for ends where they meet steel (d-rings/axle tubes) and can get them plenty tight.

Unless "doing the peepee dance", trailer hubs get temp gunned and straps checked, before & after all stops...

For those looking at straps. I did a bunch of work for this company down in Greenville SC. They make ratchet straps of all varieties (including the chain end) ...and its all made in the US stuff.

I picked up a bunch of their straps back in the fall and they haven't had the time test yet to see how they hold up. But I like supporting local and 'Murica...and honestly their mechanism is smoother feeling.
But maybe its just because they are new and my old ones were beat up.
They also have a strap with a built in axle strap. Havent used one but the owner was showing it off.

My straps are like this but have a cluster hook on each end. I think it was @Jody Treadway that pointed them out in another thread on here. Can't remember the company name.

My straps are like this but have a cluster hook on each end. I think it was @Jody Treadway that pointed them out in another thread on here. Can't remember the company name.
I use the ratchets with chain on their end and snap hook on the vehicle end (axle straps) for hauling cars and light equipment.
For equipment and heavy stuff, chain and ratchet binders.

Ratchet all the way. The snap type ones are dumb. They are always either too tight, or too loose. And there’s no good way to adjust that.

@braxton357 turned me on to these, and in my opinion, they are the best thing out there for the money:

Folding handle, neutral position for quickly spinning them up, and a nice rubber grip for when they are wet or you have muddy hands.
Where do you normally get yours from? I see the link is for store pickup only.
Also OP what did you end up going with?

Ended up not doing anything because I’m not moving to Ky so the tractor is just staying put lol. Probably need to start watching for stuff to have just in case it does need to go for a trailer ride.

Ended up getting them from Northern Tool anyway. I think they had em in stock in north Charlotte.

I got these in the mail today if you need
IMG_3011.jpeg

Back