Carmax?

I worked with Greg Hovekamp up there he was a great guy.

However they had some sales manager (some bald headed fat guy) who was a dick, he came up and started trying to high pressure me into buying some stupid warranty, I said no I'm not interested...
He started making some BS about not being able to afford to replace a transmission...
Other than this douche, it was a great experience.

Carmax

I don't know about buying from them, but I sold my Blazer to them for $1500 more than I was actually going to sell it for locally. They made the offer and I took it, and didn't even have a ride home. We had to call to get a ride from Gboro to Aboro after the deal was made. I would gladly deal with them again.

I've sold 2 vehicles to CarMax, both better than KBB and more than the dealer offered on trade-in. In both cases, it went very easily and got treated well even though I told them I wasn't interested in buying from them.

the extended warranty from Carmax is damn good too. We had BMW's from there at over 100k the carmax warranty was paying to replace maintanence items all day long!

I know so many people that have sold "problem" vehicles to Carmax that have phantom issues, or just plain old issues in general. I want nothing to do with any of the chit they have on their lots.

Just cause someone sells there cars to Carmax doesn't mean that they are going to put it out on the lot. They will buy anything but about 50% of what they buy ends up going to the dealer auctions they have each week. I would trust cars on there lot more then any other used car dealership.

They will buy anything but about 50% of what they buy ends up going to the dealer auctions they have each week.

I'd say more like 70%. Where do you think most of the cars at "buy-here-pay-here" type lots come from, they're in too crappy condition for a reputable dealer to sell.

i worked for a carmax down in florida for awile. One story that i remembered is that some lady bought a car from carmax and kept bringing it back because the alignment was off all the time. After the 7th or 8th time they took it to the main shop in orlando and fully checked every single bolt on it. Turns out that the car was in a wreck. Whoever was doin the inspection of the car completly missed it. So they gave her another car of the exact color and make and model with fewer miles on it. Plus for her.

Back