Carbide Burr

BigBody79

I'm looking to try out a carbide burr for the cleaning up the insides of tubing ad some other small grinder type work.

Any recommendations?

They're like saw blades; Some are optimized for certain materials, material removal speed, roughing or finishing, etc., but you should probably just get some general purpose or roughing ones if you're just doing a deburr where it won't be seen.

safety glasses, face shield, gloves, head sock, tape your shirt collar to your head sock, pair of shop vacuums running aimed at the cutter head.

I basically came here to post this^

You'll still have metal splinters where you least expect it.

I overpaid for mine off the tool truck at work, but they work fine. For basic cleaning I'd look for finer teeth.

Fwiw, we call them eye destroyers, not carbide burrs, lol

There’s also a really good selection at your local Fastenal. That’s where I bought mine. Chucked in a Harbor Freight electric die grinder. It has adjustable speeds for different materials. Used mine to clearance the Toyota knuckle balls when I upgraded to RCV’s.

The burrs fastenal stocks are mostly the expensive ones. If you know what your looking for, usetheir website to find the part number. Then have them order. I find most of the ones i use are about 12 bucks a piece through them.

Amazon cheap, I hate the slivers.

If doing steel keep a small rare earth magnet for helping get them out of your eyes. Unless you my BIL an do aluminium then have a eye doctor on speed dial.

Back