Can someone remind me

gat a state job...pay ain't much, but the benefits, despite being constantly eroded, aren't too bad either...
and hey, if you forget, it's only an hour and a half to 5:00...and it's Friday...:beer:

Ken is the entire IT department for a firm, must be nice though, no red tape to deal with. I on the other hand dont enjoy my job as much as I used to, but it funds my off-roading habbit, so im not going to complain.

I used to despise my job. Everybody had a problem and they were all too happy to make it my problem.

Now, i still work very long hrs but i love what I do and enjoy every day. Keep your chin up and your ears close to the ground, something will come up.

Ken is the entire IT department for a firm, must be nice though, no red tape to deal with. .

Yup John is correct..

I am the "IT GUY"

I do Sys Admin, Network Admin, Web Admin, VMware Admin, HelpDesk, Deskside support, Backup Tapes, etc..

Company is very flexible with time schedules, time off, etc..
As long as my job gets done then no one has issues with me..
I have nothing to complain about right now for work..

I am my Own Boss in many ways :)

Now do I work long hrs: YES
Do I get paid enough: It is OK

But I have worked my butt off in my crappy jobs before this, so I understand when others say they hate there jobs..

but stay at it.... it should eventually be better.. just may be at a different job.

Do you think you can get me a job. I do server maintenance.

I got back from China a few months ago and we sure have to good compared the our counterparts.

I am in the process of also switchin' jobs...I want to work on airplanes!!!!

What it feels like to get up and be happy to goto work or to not be pawing at the door all day long to be let out :mad:

I love my job. While I'm not anxious to get out of the bed in the morning, I enjoy getting there in the morning, and the end of teh day comes and I leave only b/c my family is waiting for me at home. if it weren't for them, I'd prob tay 'till i got hungry every day. Sometimes I put in a few exta hours at night after fam goes to bed... or work on weekends... I don't mind.
Hourss are flexible, vacation is flexible, i'm pretty much in charge of my own work, nobody watching my clock... just need to get the work done by imprtant dates/benchmarks.

Meanwhile, the benefit are average at best and the pay is terrible for the level of education/training I have. Only upshot is that someday it will be reasonable (but only fantastic if I sell my soul to industry).

Oh yeah and aparently every now and again I get to be quoted in the news sounding like i'm ssmart. Had to learn fast how to pull that off.

What it feels like to get up and be happy to goto work or to not be pawing at the door all day long to be let out :mad:

I love my job. (For me there could be no other. Been doing it for 28 years.) And I love going home on time, when its done.

I work to live, not live to work!

It only took me 'bout twenty three years of bustin my ass 12-16 hours a day, sacrificing everything else in my life, to learn that. I now bust my ass for 8 hours to get as much done as I can from 7:30 to 4:30. Then I go home. At the pace I'm willing to work, if thats not enough time, they need to hire more people!

I decided when I'm gone, my industry wont even notice. But my family will. So who is more important?!:rolleyes:

I used to love my job. I do electrical design for large projects. I switched companies for the $ (I'm a whore) and its like I stepped in 2 big ol piles of sh!t. The hours suck and its getting nice and repetative. Im starting to think I should have stayed running conduit and pulling wire

Back