Can I run 38s?

Jason924R

I know I COULD if I wanted to slap them on there but I just wanted to throw out the idea and get some solid feedback on the question.

My setup:
92 4Runner 3.0L V6 only mods on engine are intake and optima yellow top
84 Toyota front axle with longfield super axles
92 Toyota rear axle
4:88 gears front and rear with detroit in rear
Rye Valley Driveshafts
All pro extreme lift kit with 5 inch springs all around
non hacked fenders
36 inch TSLs

Would it be stupid for me to buy some 38's when these 36's run out?

I'm not afraid to hack up the fenders, I just want to be able to pull them well and be sure I'm not going to blow anything doing this.

I am going to need a lot of backspacing without full widths correct?

Jason924R said:
I'm not afraid to hack up the fenders, I just want to be able to pull them well and be sure I'm not going to blow anything doing this.

I am going to need a lot of backspacing without full widths correct?

depends on the with or the 38's

Do a 38x12.5 swamper.. those other ones are too damn wide.. You can run your existing rims, too. ;)

IMHO your superaxles can handle about anything. Christo slee has yet to bust them, and he's been trying.

I'm sure your motor can turn them, but how fast is a different question. Besides, this aint no drag racer.

As far as power down the road...i am sure you will notice a loss in power.

In the woods...depending on what kind of t-case setup you are running...you should be fine. Obviously the lower the gears the better though.

I am running 38x12.5 TSL. I agree with Rich..the 15.5 are two wide and add a lot of unneccesary weight. I have chromoly longs with stock shafts. I have only broke one inner shaft and that was because i was in low/low (2.28/4.0) and dropped the clutch facing a undercut rock :mad: (that also took the pins out on the lockright)

Seth

I have a chain t-case which I'm not to pleased about.

How much do you think I would pay for a fender trimming job?

and about the backspacing, would I be able to get enough to not rub on my front leafs?

Back