Can I post here about volunteering?

purpleTJchick

Basically I can't remember if I ever made a post on here and it got deleted, so I figured I would ask.

I deal with a non-profit that has about 5 meals a year. We are looking for some volunteers to fill in some gaps. Is it against forum rules to ask for them here?

If not... I will post a link for more information...

Thanks in advance

Post away, no mod nazis here

Thanks diesel!

Gorman Ruritan is the organization

Please forgive my lack of scholarships and other things that shows what we have donated to, we had to recreate the website in a short notice so our achievements have been lost (The pictures are on a USB I have yet to find)

We have been giving out scholarships every year (about 1000 dollars each person) we try to send food to relief aids (We did not have enough this year for texas so we may be sending money) We also Try to help the kids besides us at Glenn elementary school. Also in the winter time we tend to help pay for the elderly's heat or groceries once in a while. Aside from that we give out food during the suppers (once a month) the extra food we can not save goes to the women's shelter)

Working will not be hard. Depending on the time you choose we will be preparing food (think making coleslaw, chopping BBQ, washing dishes, doing hush puppies) or serving food (taking orders in the drive through, serving food on the line, cleaning tables) and at the end of the day basic cleaning of the place.

The best way to choose what works best for you is to come to the meeting a few days before the meal (Tuesday Sept 12, 6:30) If you don't want to you don't have to. you can just show up at the time you choose on saturday

We could REALLY use the help. A lot of people won't be there in Sept due to health issues (the people are getting older so we need to get some younger folks in to help out)

You can contact me Lauren - 919 422-6766 (text or call)

Thank you in advance

Back