Can a NP231D be flipped

Ridgerunner

I have a np 231D and would like to flip it to the passeger side. yes I know a d300 would be best but i don't have one

I've never seen an s10 blazer with pass drop?? Course I could be wrong, there were some fullsizes with the np241 pass drop but they are like almost impossible to find, at the moment one dude has one posted on here thou in the for sale section so grab it quick if you want it, lol. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you, i looked into flipping a np231 a little bit ago for some reason can't remember exactly why but you'd have to fab up your own custom setup somehow and even if you could figure it out you'd prob end up spending a crapload of $$ on custom machined parts to make it work. After all that it makes it worth the $$ to just fork out for a dana 300, too bad there so expensive, and then you still have to rebuild them ususally.

SO . . . morel of that story is no luck, lol. Best bet would be to find a pass drop np241 but unless that one dude on here still has his good luck . . .

i think you would run into real problems trying to fab up a kit that kept the chain and everything lubed up properly. I imagine making a shifter would be pretty hard to accomplish as well. There are much better options than 231's for not alot of $.

Back