Buying a truck from Canada

Will miller

Has anyone ever purchased a vehicle from Canada and bought it into the U.S.? Just seeing what kind of fees, logistic that would be involved ETC... any details would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I hope you have good reason for considering such a thing. And don’t mind converting your kilometers to miles.

I hope you have good reason for considering such a thing. And don’t mind converting your kilometers to miles.
It’s a vehicle that Ive been looking for awhile. It’s perfect condition, low mile, no rust. Just working on a price currently. So just figuring out the details to see if it will be worth buying

Mine was bought at auction by the Michigan dealership. Canadian mfg and used as a corporate vehicle for some company.

If I could get it across on its current registration, then when stateside all I would have to do is figure out how the dmv would transfer the Canada title into a state title.

Mine was bought at auction by the Michigan dealership. Canadian mfg and used as a corporate vehicle for some company.

If I could get it across on its current registration, then when stateside all I would have to do is figure out how the dmv would transfer the Canada title into a state title.
It’s above Washington State, more than likely I will have it delivered to N.C.

I would be very interested in that, it’s around 42 hours straight. It’s looking to be Significantly cheaper to have it shipped. If it ends up coasting the same I’ll fly out and drive it back!

Oh I'm sure if you crunched the numbers its worth shipping it. You don't get to drive through 1/3 of the 50 states having it shipped though.

With hopes over the next two-three years of going to KOH I’m saving that drive until then hahah
Man that's a whole different set of state!

(Says the guy that flies every time i travel because I can't stand to take off work long enough to drive :lol:)

I’m curious as to what kind of truck this is that you’ve been looking for and haven’t found except on the other side of the continent way up in another country.
2007 100k miles, GMC 3500, loaded, LBZ Duramax. Several nice add ons, 62 gal Titian tank, AMP steps and very clean... I’ve made him an offer well below what they are going for local even after shipping. He is considering my offer so we will see what happens
6BD04218-E0C5-48B2-A96E-4A21F5016C09.jpeg

When it says no rust it very well can be as true as a southern truck depending on where it comes from. Many northern regions do not use salt on their roads. Snow in northern states does not cause rust anymore than rain does in the south. Colorado is one of those states. Canada may be in the same boat.

This is true, but it does not include New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ontario, or Boone.

Speaking as one who grew up in Michigan the salt there would literally eat a truck or car at the rate you could track on a daily basis. I would assume based on the age and condition of the truck in question based the photos provided would assume it come from a region that salt is not used or it stayed indoors for the remainder of the winter season.

Not to mention converting moosepower to horsepower ........to much?

Back