Bus/RV Towrig project

KOA's rock, we've been to a few of them, I was pretty surprised how clean and kept the ones we have been to were, and the activities for kids are awesome.

KOA Hatteras is a fav, pool with water slides, play ground, big bounce pillow,and daily activities , movies in the amphitheater on Sunday nights. beach access one the other end of the campground.

great place for kids, we were able to let our daughter roam and still keep an eye on her from the campsite.

KOA's rock, we've been to a few of them, I was pretty surprised how clean and kept the ones we have been to were, and the activities for kids are awesome.

KOA Hatteras is a fav, pool with water slides, play ground, big bounce pillow,and daily activities , movies in the amphitheater on Sunday nights. beach access one the other end of the campground.

great place for kids, we were able to let our daughter roam and still keep an eye on her from the campsite.

yup we are hoping to go there this year

yup we are hoping to go there this year

they really got socked by Irene, last I checked they were open, but for dry camping only until utilities and water service were back online and inspected.

We wanted to go again this fall, but the storm had them closed until the bridge was build in Rodanthe. we were there 3week before Irene and had a blast, stopped there for a night on way home from Ocracoke.

Goose creek campgrounds in newport/swansboro is a nice well run campground at the beach they have temp spots and permanent

well been collecting parts..

got a bunch of stuff from hot dog guy..
and today I got a Dinette set also.

here is how it got delivered..
img_0136.jpg

img_0137.jpg

and pics of it at home
img_0138.jpg

img_0139.jpg

img_0140.jpg

Ken, did everything look as described when you opened the box? Hope you can use most of it and especially the power blinds!

Ken, did everything look as described when you opened the box? Hope you can use most of it and especially the power blinds!

sad to say I have not even opened up box yet :) but now that I have all the parts I plan to get started soon on it..

That will work out great for the bus.

best part is when someone sleeps on dinette there feet can hang over end and not be stuck in a small space like most dinettes

well finally started back on bus..

took out table and chairs, took out stock drivers seat and put in new dinette bench to make sure it will fit.. and the best part was my son was helping me the entire time

Corbin helping
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_IMG_0636.jpg

table gone
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_IMG_0637.jpg

Corbin helping
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_IMG_0638.jpg

testing dinette fit
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_IMG_0639.jpg

also got new curtains, trying to get them installed
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_IMG_0640.jpg

new drivers seat.. just need to make a new mount for it
awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_IMG_0641.jpg

Well picked up the perfect size bunk bed for the RV from Ralph.. thanks man.

the kids love it :)

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_0695.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_0698.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_0700.jpg

awww.impaks.com_images_ken_bus_img_0702.jpg

Well had some time to start on drivers seat mount.

here is old original 1983 seat
img_0711.jpg

then I made a new base plate to use existing holes in floor
img_0712.jpg

then I cut up a dana 35 axle so I could use the tube for a sleeve so seat will be adjustable up and down a few inches.

img_0713.jpg

img_0714.jpg

and here is outer tube sleeve.. it came from my ruff stuff axle I am building

img_0715.jpg

need to make one more plate to match seat mounting holes and drill a few holes in these tubes and it will be ready to go in bus..which means I can move the bus again in comfort :)

well seat mount is almost done.. drilled a bunch of holes tonight.. now I just need to weld it all together and paint it up..

here is tube being drilled

img_0719.jpg

img_0720.jpg

here it is a full extension
img_0721.jpg

and here it is at full compression
img_0722.jpg

you got this bus off of tryon road didnt you. I use to live across from it and always wanted it. I actually want to think I saw somebody looking it over like it was for sale then it was gone. Never had a forsale sign on it that I remember. Good build, I have followed your shop build on here, jealous you have a place like that in Raleighwood

TuckahoeOR said:
you got this bus off of tryon road didnt you. I use to live across from it and always wanted it. I actually want to think I saw somebody looking it over like it was for sale then it was gone. Never had a forsale sign on it that I remember. Good build, I have followed your shop build on here, jealous you have a place like that in Raleighwood

Yup that is where it was parked. Nope never had for sale sign I looked up land owner threw realtor and called him to make the deal.

Ya I must say it sure is fun to drive this beast around north hills :)

just found some cheap mirrors for bus.. can't wait to get these on.. better visibility and a little bling :)

Heated?

If they're not heated, you fawked up. :flipoff2:

Well trying to get the beast back on the road for our 1st trip of the year in a few weeks

I installed roof covers on all the vent covers
img_0759.jpg

img_0760.jpg

then ripped out old generator to make room for new generator
img_0762.jpg

finally got new seat in and mounted, works great
img_0763.jpg

Back