Bumpstops for leaf spring vehicles

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
Any good suggestions for bump stops to run on a Jeep YJ? Good junkyard ones or aftermarket? This is for a trail rig, not a race rig, so I'm not looking for $$$ air bumps, just something that will hold up and keep the spring plates/u-bolts from slamming into the frame.

I've ran these in front of my old 1st gen, and am now running the same bumps in the rear of my tacoma. They seem to work well.

They also make a 2" version if you have limited up travel.

Wide Slotted Bump Stop with Mounting Plate | ku09016bk
I use those as well on my YJ. They hold up pretty well as long as they make contact with a nice flat surface. One of mine was making contact with a bolt head and it chewed it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've ran these in front of my old 1st gen, and am now running the same bumps in the rear of my tacoma. They seem to work well.

They also make a 2" version if you have limited up travel.

Wide Slotted Bump Stop with Mounting Plate | ku09016bk
@Chris_Keziah put these same ones on my 85 4runner about a month ago. Seemed to work well at AOP a couple weeks ago.

Link to Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EOXAS8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use those as well on my YJ. They hold up pretty well as long as they make contact with a nice flat surface. One of mine was making contact with a bolt head and it chewed it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We ended up offsetting mine slightly to make contact in the center of the spring perch.

I use the same ones linked. I use them on my coil front, coilover rear truggy even. Make sure they hit a flat surface, angled or not. Bolts and such will tear them all to pieces as noted above for sure.

Wheelers Superbumps are another good option. I run them front and rear on my tacoma.

3A865B87-D4B5-4B80-AE0E-2107E30B3688.jpeg

I have had those GM bumps up front for 4-5 years and the daystars in the back for a year. All seem to work well, I like the progressive squish before the hard stop. Next project will likely be the GM bumps all around.

Thanks for all the replies. With keeping my YJ so low, I am going to need a fairly short/low bump stop (about 2" tall) or I won't have much up travel.

Back