Build thread: The (nut)Case Backhoe

jeepinmatt

..l.
Case 440-H backhoe, 40hp, 2wd, hi/lo 4 speeds (8 total), gas motor, power steering. Was working and driveable about 1.5 years ago when parked, only issue at that time was a leaking/worn out hoe bucket cylinder). After sitting for several months, rain went in through the exhaust and filled the cylinders with water. Motor is not locked up, but does not turn as freely as it should. I had the starter rebuilt, thinking it was weak, and then discovered the water in the cylinders. It will turn over when the tractor is pulled by another piece of equipment, but the starter cannot turn it over. It may be as simple as dragging it around with oil in the cylinders, but I no longer have a need for it, and don't have the time or patience to mess with it. Open to offers.

Pics at Case 440-H Backhoe (does not run)
I can deliver within 40 miles for $10/mile ($100 minimum).

@paradisePWoffrd Free deliver for you since I know theres room to unload, haha!

On my trailer.
True Story! Thanks Shawn. Good luck getting it off. Set up a vidcam, or maybe a time lapse, haha.

20170617_110200.jpg

@shawn So 13 straps was enough to get it home?

Will you please delete this so I quit looking at it

Damn good deal missed
I bet @shawn hasn't unloaded it yet. Would be real easy to deliver! I'm sure he would take some nominal amount north of $1500 for it!

i also wish i would have jumped on this as soon as i seen it. i keep coming back to it and kicking myself in the ass for not buying it. @shawn ive got $1600 :D

Will you please delete this so I quit looking at it

Damn good deal missed
I'll sell you a Ford backhoe for $2750. It even runs and drives but does need some TLC. OK, maybe a more than a little.

Back