Brown Mt. 12/31/2004

Stump

Wow! This was my first trial run with a group. What a great trail and a great group of guys. Meet up with 96Toco, outside of Charlotte for trip up to Hickory. I saw Chris’s Commando at a store just be for we got to the meet up spot of Arby’s. Chris had to be ready to go, Fuel, Food, and Drinks good advice. nccurious was there in his lifted YJ. A few minutes later Chris shows up. Now we are 4 rigs. I looked at them and thought good ground clearance, Good tires, & one winch.. Looked back at my Stock Z-71 long bed, no lift, street tire, GOV-lock rear end that don’t lock any more, and thought to my self you are nuts! That’s your DD, & your only towrig for your boat! Then I saw the armor-all on the commander’s tires and knew that my z71 with mud on the tires from last week would be OK.

After shooting the chit for a little wile RedX showed up. Seeing his tricked out rig only helped me to think that I was indeed nuts. Any way we heeded out to Brown Mt. OVR. Paid the fee and started up the mountain. David AKA Rubiconvict showed up right on time. Six rigs. I figured if I got in the middle and got stuck the others would have to move me. Right after we hit the trail with the motorcycles flying passed us. I thought I’m nuts, not for the last time. I knew Rubiconvict was some where up front, but as I looked in the rear view, there he was behind RedX. Now we where 7 rigs.

Everyone made it up over the first big rock, even my long wheel based P/U. We stop to regroup after that spot. I saw some guys standing near the ATV’s jump up and run toward my truck. Then I saw a riderless ATV headed at me. The guys grabbed it just in time.

We stopped at a Big Mud hole and watched an ATV swim through it. Before we left the hole I got out a trash bag and we filled it and part of another.

I made it to the top and had a great lunch knowing that it was all down hill from there. I had a blast! I plan on going on more runs with y'all in the future. I took some Pics and will post after I get them developed

Back